Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 41
[0.00% of all post / 1.52 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: who has which nationality
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:02:43 AM
Also, Africa is not a country, it's a continent. And not all Africans are black.
Topic: a real dragon?
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 4:36:15 AM
Lotje1000 wrote:

Some people, sure, but not enough to make it a common thing by any means. And even if the tail exists, it's too small to be used during quartering.

I agree. However, I'd rather retain the old name of quartering. If the convict has a tail, they should be beheaded, betailed and quartered. If the tail is absent, you just skip that stage. This looks more symmetrical.
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:27:34 AM
Lotje1000 wrote:

As I said, in 'traditional' quartering, the head is not counted. Feel free to take the naming up with the inventors if you disagree. Fact remains that the naming does not take the head into account and that same 'logic' was applied to dragons in the scenario here.

The tail was not counted either. Some people are born with tails, as you probably know.
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:10:30 AM
Lotje1000 wrote:

When someone is drawn and quartered, the limbs are counted, but not their head. I assume Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1 was applying the same logic to dragons and added a tail to get to five.

So, the tail is a limb and the head is not? OK. Although I could argue that the tail is exactly opposite to the head, since it's the other end of the spine. But I am no expert in this field.
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:11:10 AM
Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1 wrote:

This implies there was a tail and it wasn't counted.

Where there? I just meant, if you counted the tail, why not count the heads? I fail to see the logic behind your reasoning.
Topic: a time machine?
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:35:08 AM
If they are not caught, just say they are Russian. Works great. Angel
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:32:03 AM

The original did not apply to betailed creatures.

I've never tried to apply it to them. If you mean something else, please clarify.
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:18:37 AM

The head is not counted in the original. Why would I care about three Russian heads?

Because the tail is not counted in the original either but you counted it.
Topic: Meanwhile in Finland
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:48:21 AM
Hope123 wrote:

Oh, so we will see Siberian wines some day. In the meantime, this summer is rather cool. Where is that global warming when you need it?
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:34:37 AM
The Russian dragon also had three heads. So the verb depends on its origings.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.