Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Dia de muertos
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:25:32 PM
El Día de Muertos es una celebración tradicional mexicana que honra a los ancestros.[1]​ Se celebra principalmente los días 1 y 2 de noviembre, coincidiendo con las celebraciones católicas de Día de los Fieles Difuntos y Todos los Santos.
Topic: moma
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:22:47 PM
Think Boo hoo! Brick wall
vkhu wrote:
[quote]“Ah, come on, won’t you? I like you. I can’t help it, moma, there’s something about you that’s gotten to me. You’re so hard to pin down. First you’re here, and then you’re not here.”

This is a conversation between a prostitute and a man in Mexico. The word moma was italicized, so I know for a fact that it's Spanish. The problem is I can't find any translation for this word. Could anyone help me out please?[/quiteSick ]
Topic: How to Describe a Zero Gravity Folding Lawn Chair in Spanish
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:44:35 PM
Eh? Pray
Topic: DON RAFAEL CONTRERAS Y GALBO
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:05:00 PM
Anxious Boo hoo! Eh?
Bedells wrote:
Regarding the word "Don", it's just a title that can be translated to "Mr." in English. In this case, it would be equivalent to say, "Mr. Rafael Contreras y Galbo".

The letter "Y" used to join last names in Spanish is just a matter of style. Some centuries ago, some famous Spanish writers like Félix Lope de Vega y Carpio or Miguel de Cervantes y Saavedra had their names that way. It is supposed that their names were originally written this way,

Félix Lope de Vega de Carpio
Miguel de Cervantes de Saavedra

In order to avoid cacophony, the word "de" was dropped and then the letter "Y" was used instead. So, probably the person's name on the tombstone was written "DON RAFAEL CONTRERAS DE GALBO", the same way the people just to do it in Spain centuries ago.

Unfortunately, the link from where I got the information is in Spanish, but I'll leave it here for reference.
Topic: Buddhas of Bamyan
Posted: Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:46:38 PM
Boo hoo!
Daemon wrote:
Buddhas of Bamyan

Once the largest examples of standing Buddha carvings in the world, the Buddhas of Bamyan were two monumental statues carved into the side of a cliff in Afghanistan's Bamyan Valley. Built during the 6th century, the statues were destroyed in 2001 by the Islamist Taliban government, which decreed that the figures were idolatrous and bombarded them with dynamite and tank barrages for nearly a month. The Afghan government has since proposed that the statues be recreated using what technologies? More...
Topic: Bachillerato
Posted: Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:48:04 PM
Applause Applause
Ahmed Malik wrote:
Hola, buenos días, noches o tardes, sea la hora que sea en que lees esto.
Acabo de empezar primero de bachillerato y en 4to estaba en refuerzos de lenguas por, el cual motivo no estoy al tanto de las cosas que, quizás debería saber sobre la literatura castellana por eso, quisiera pedirle un poco de ayuda sobre esta.
Si puedes déjame lo que sepas de la literatura castellana desde sus inicios.
Gracias y perdonen las faltas de ortografía.
Topic: Sirias cuentan la verdad de los "Rebeldes Sirios" en un debate del programa australiano 'Insight'
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 10:49:49 PM
Boo hoo!
Topic: Sirias cuentan la verdad de los "Rebeldes Sirios" en un debate del programa australiano 'Insight'
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 5:17:54 PM
Applause Boo hoo!
Topic: Representación Ancestral
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:28:06 PM
Pray
J.Carlos.V.M wrote:
MUY IMPRESIONANTE.Applause Applause
Topic: spanish-english translation
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:25:07 PM
Boo hoo! Drool
ElmeryMillan wrote:
Indeed, it refers to the rustle of the wind brushing against the treetops.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.