Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 35
[0.00% of all post / 0.29 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Terror in Spain
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:08:56 PM
My sorrow for Spanish people and all the dead. But I believe there are good people everywhere and I pray God will heal the bodies of the injured. I also pray God heal the souls of the man and men who do this. The big and the small.
Topic: Do you want to be on Trump's naughty list? All you have to do is visit one website.
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:14:00 PM
Sad. Corveve

I suppose I'll be on their list! I hope so. If I have protested all of my adult life I want to be recognized for it.
Topic: Why do some people hate the USA?
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:36:38 PM
I thought that the US and Pakistani had been allies until the Indian War. We joined with other countries to put sanctions on Pakistan when they began arming with nuclear weapons, maybe in the '70's. Before that we were actually allies against Russian aggression and helped Nixon's visit to China.
Topic: Why do some people hate the USA?
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:57:52 PM
Progpen, I agree with your thoughts about the impact it would make on our citizens if they actually had world experience (in peaceful way, not behind a gun). It would help our presidents as well. The last four never served. Clinton and Obama had lived and received education overseas. Just wait for the backlash for that reminder of their "otherness".

Yarin, I never thought you hated us. Just for the record, I love my country. It is my home and I only mean to spur people to thought. So, we can have more of these truthful and informed discussions.
Topic: Venezuela's Maduro: "I feel proud of this so-called sanction, mister imperialist Donald Trump!"
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 12:23:54 PM
Yes, it does get murky trying to push past all that. But, we must. This is what other countries are talking about. And European friends, no we aren't as stupid as Jimmy Kemmel jokes. But, we don't talk about it openly lest someone question our loyalty. In college they were always saying, "Love it or leave it." As if criticizing is actually treason and warrants loss of home. And being part Native that really bites. My great grandfather was on the way The Trail of Tears. White people have a lot confession they need to do before they can be straightforward. That's what makes you seem so stupid and nobody pities you. You still think you deserve privilege.

And I am afraid. Not only is my heritage mixed but my children have even more twists. They don't worry and say how long our ancestory is but, when they see their last names it makes them suspicious. Seeing white supremacist on the prowl here where I live isn't getting so far fetched. There is a group who live in a gated community and they have "patrols" made of ex-servicemen. In 6 months!

Topic: Venezuela's Maduro: "I feel proud of this so-called sanction, mister imperialist Donald Trump!"
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 9:29:24 AM
I would ask that you goggle operation condor or just put in CIA assasination Latin American. Look at Guatemala history, Hatti, all those people we now want to build a wall against. How can you defend these things? We haven't interfered in not one place that we weren't planning to reap, whether bananas or oil. Do you know about the Iran-Contra affair? If other countries hate us they have reason. But just saying what about Russia is one of Russia's tricks to say about us. Confession comes before repentance.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:28:49 PM
What do sane people do when they are caught in mass hysteria? How do you simultaneously hush the mad men in their rush to meet the nihilistic mad men who want to kill you? On one hand, I don't want to be anyone's "big brother." I do believe in being my brothers keeper. As an American I can't refute what yarin says about us. Is there more to it than what he says? I believe so. I don't agree with him but, I don't feel disrespect. Parser your attitude is disrectful. Can't you disagree without being so snarky? It doesn't further understanding.
Topic: Link Your Song Phrase
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:16:46 AM
Sorry, no musical staff

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,
only sadness everyday
And when she's gone
It's always for too long
Topic: Trump's Been Laundering Russian Mob Money For Decades, Allegedly
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 11:13:37 AM
It is hard for me to believe that anything good will come out of this president. To me, it is just a continuation of the battle I've been fighting for over fifty years. I remember the Cuban missle crisis. I knew that if a nuclear attack were to happen hiding under my desk was just kissing my ass goodbye. I knew that Hitler had murdered people and I knew people who spoke with the same hateful speech about desegregation. I saw Vietnam. I vowed that as long as lived I would never sit silent. The generation gap was very real in my family. My mother and I never reconciled. My brothers and sisters were all born before the war and I am the only baby boomer. The thought processes are profound and to me it seems that east and west and the middle will never come together. I have no desire to talk about it anymore but, I still can't shut up. If you don't see any difference between harassing the Clintons and calling out a kleptocrat then there is no room that the difference between you and me. If seventeen separate investigations into Mrs. Clinton's e-mails with no convictions doesn't signify anything to you then, how do we go on?
Topic: Trump's Been Laundering Russian Mob Money For Decades, Allegedly
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2017 10:54:52 AM
Buzzylitto, you've been getting your news from Trump. The truth is that Russia bought a Canadian uranium mining co. that owns mining leases in Wyoming. Mrs. Clinton was Secretary of State then but this wasn't her deal. While Russia does own the rights to US uranium and, it happened when she was on duty it doesn't follow the conclusion. False equivalency.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.