Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,607
[0.18% of all post / 2.66 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Lay
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 5:24:38 PM
Hello respected teachers,

Which of the following is better English?

We began to extend the railway track and lay it among more interesting landscape by planting trees, which in turn attracted more wildlife, and by making cuttings through the rock.

We began to extend the railway track and laid it among more interesting landscape by planting trees, which in turn attracted more wildlife, and by making cuttings through the rock.

The custom of speaking is the original and only just standard of any language. Joseph Priestly- Rudiments of EG, 1761.
Topic: Carry
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 5:15:58 PM

What's the difference between the following two?

Carry on with your work while I am away.

Carry on your work while I am away.

The custom of speaking is the original and only just standard of any language. Joseph Priestly- Rudiments of EG, 1761.
Topic: Acquire
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:56:22 PM

What's your understanding of "acquire" in the following?

Well, during the 1970s, my wife, Liz and I had just acquired 80 acres of sheep farming land, and we decided to settle down and have children.

My dictionary has it meaning as either "buy" or "to be given" something. But is it really that ambiguous in the given context?

Topic: Older
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:36:53 PM

Does "older" modify "style" in the following sentence?

It's an older style house with Greek paintings in every room, and a balcony outside.

Topic: Ing
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2018 5:22:09 AM
Lotje1000 wrote:
Seriously. This is a four-page thread now. Page three consists of 35 posts and over 20 of those are you two, D00M and Helenej, going back and forth, throwing insults at one another.

Could you two please continue your not-so-civil discussion in PMs to one another? It's obviously not a conversation that needs to involve anyone else on the forum. And it certainly has nothing to do with grammar at this point.

Sorry for the inconvenience, Lotje.

Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 7:53:09 PM
Those boring nonsense.

Be creative. I was having fun.

I triple the doSe of
the pesticide if it does you good, psycho.

Have you finished high school, Dr. "doze"?

Read the following, and maybe you get more pissed off helping your ill mind to pour out.

"By now it is evident to everyone you are a crazed psycho who doesn't understand what she says herself or what others articulate; as Lotje put it: Confusion! You still don't know how to use "should" correctly, as DragonSpeaker proved. As you didn't make sense of what Bob said with his good will; as Hope123 pointed out; the list goes on!

Go and learn the correct usage of the English lexicon and then you might be qualified to discuss with or given answer.

May God help you.
You really need that."

Or even you can open another open-letter thread, Dr rat!

Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 7:09:15 PM
Two doctors! Applause Now you can serve the whole forum.

You do deserve being thought of and played with like a rat, psycho, indeed!

By the way, tell him, alongside with treating, to teach you the lexicon of the English language and proper communication.

Or should Drago come here and teach you the correct usage of words?

Oh, "let's keep it SIMPLE," understandable for stupid psychos.

Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 6:06:07 PM
Confusion.
Loose sentences.
Should Drago come here and teach you the correct usage of words?
Boo hoo!

I care about you more than your husband.
Probably his lack of affection has made a poor psycho out of you. I will help you then, don't worry. I will think about you for 1600 days, even more if needed.

Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 3:33:29 PM
Recently you prescribed memory supplements for teachers. Now other drugs, Dr Rat. Your familiarity with such stuff is indicative of your painful experience as a psycho.

You are not worth of thinking, psycho. Confusion is confusion! As drago said, you mean something but write something else. Is such stupid and uncivil psycho worth of anything but being played with like a rat?

Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 10:46:00 AM
Paralogism again.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.