User Name: bass1702
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Need help translating a paragraph from English to French the proper way for Valentines
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 1:13:35 PM
I am a man and this is for a man.
Topic: Need help translating a paragraph from English to French the proper way for Valentines
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 11:03:43 PM
Hey guys, I am just now beginning to attempt to learn French because my Boyfriend is fluent in French. He is a Cryptological French Linguist in the US Army.

For Valentine's Day, I wrote him a letter and attempted to do it in French. I would like someone who is fluent to proofread it and make sure I did it correctly. I will post the english version (what its supposed to say) as well as the French version. Please help me make sure this is correct before Valentines Day in 2 days.

ENGLISH VERSION:

"I was nervous the first night we met. The first time I looked into your magnificent eyes with the moonlight, I had weakness in my knees. When I see you, my heart beats faster. When you smile, I get butterflies. When you talk to me, it is difficult to define emotions. I find myself smiling more than once every day. I realized that I smile because of you! The more I am with you, the more I look in your eyes, see your smile, feel your soft touch, I fall even deeper. Will you catch me? Because of you, I want to be a better me. I am very lucky to have found you and to have you in my life. In you, I find joy and pleasure. You give me everything I need and more. I am happier when I am with you. I do not want it to end. Can I keep you?"

MY FRENCH VERSION THAT NEEDS PROOFING:

"J'étais nerveux la première nuit nous nous sommes rencontrés. La première fois que je regardais vos yeux magnifiques avec le clair de lune, j'avais de la faiblesse dans mes genoux. Quand je te vois, mon cœur bat plus vite. Quand vous souriez, je reçois des papillons. Quand vous me parlez, il est difficile de définir des émotions. Je me trouve sourire plus d'une fois tous les jours. J'ai réalisé que je souriais à cause de toi! Plus je suis avec vous, plus je regarde dans vos yeux, voir votre sourire, sentir votre doux toucher, je tombe plus profond. Volonte vous m'attrapez? À cause de toi, je veux être un meilleur moi. Je suis très chanceux de vous avoir trouvé et de vous avoir dans ma vie. En vous, je trouve la joie et le plaisir. Vous me donnez tout ce dont j'ai besoin et plus encore. Je suis plus heureux quand je suis avec vous. Je ne veux pas qu'il se termine. Puis-je te garder?"

Please help me make sure I did this right. I want it to be perfect for Valentines Day for him.

Thanks in advance for ALL help given. :)

Chris

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.