User Name: jennifer_bb5
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 50
[0.01% of all post / 0.18 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: About asking directions, positions (2)
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 9:48:22 AM
1---Go straight on Star Road. turn right on High Street. walk about 300m, on the right of the road. and you will be able to see the Police Station.
2---If you come to the High Street you will find me in the Gym at the corner.
3---Go straight on Star Road. turn left on High Street, and walk about 300m. then turn right, walk about 50 meters ,and you will be able to see the shops on your right.
4---Go straight on Star Road. on the first block you stop, please turn left on High Street, and go along until on the the intersection.Then turn right,and the shops will be on your right hand side.
5--Go straight on star road, on the second block, turn right at the Rogers Street.go along about 300m, and the gym will be on your right.
Topic: About asking directions, positions
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 6:37:45 AM
1)Go straight on Bond Street, turn left on King's road, go past the police station and the hospital is next to the police station.
Go straight on Bond Street, turn left on King's road, go past the police station and the hospital is on the right side of King's road.
2)Go down Bond Street(由北向南), turn left on King's road, walk about 500m, on the right of the road,you can see the hospital .
3) Go down Bond street, turn left on King's road, go past the police station and the hospital is next to the police station.
4) Walk past the traffic light, and walk along Bond Street, on the second block, turn right at King's road,the underground station is on your right hand, the shop is at the back of the underground station.
5) Head towards Bond street until you get to a roundabout, then turn left, the theater is on your left-hand side.
6) Go up (由南向北)/ through the traffic lights, on the first block, turn left at the Green Street road, go along about 50m, on your left hand, you can see the post office. ("through the traffic lights" is okay, as long as you're in a car.由南向北: from the south facing north?)
7) Go straight on Bond Street, turn left on King's road, go past the police station and the hospital is next to the police station. And the cinema is opposite to the hospital.
Go straight on Bond Street, turn left on King's road, go past the police station and the hospital is next to the police station. And the cinema is the opposite side of the street of the hospital.
8) Go straight on Bond Street, turn left on King's road, walk about 300m,you can see the cinema. it is on the corner on the left.

For example: The table is in the corner of the house.
For example: There is a book on the corner of the table.
For example: Please turn life at the corner of the house.
Go straight on Bond Street, on the second block you stop, the underground station is on the corner of Bond Street.

Topic: comparative and superlative, below are correct or wrong?
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 8:48:48 AM
1---monosyllabic words and a few -er to -ow at the end of the double syllable words, more in the -er, the most advanced in the -est;
(1)monosyllabic word
  For example:small→smaller→smallest short→shorter→shortest
  tall→taller→tallest great→greater→greatest
(2)disyllabic words
  For example:clever→cleverer→cleverest narrow→narrower→narrowest
2---don't pronounce the monosyllabic word e at the end of the comparison, in this with -r, the most senior post in this -st;
For example:large→larger→largest nice→nicer→nicest able→abler→ablest
3---in the stressed closed syllables (ie: consonant + vowel + consonant), the first double write the end of the consonant letters, the comparison of the -er, the highest plus -est;
For example:big→bigger→biggest hot→hotter→hottest fat→fatter→fattest
4---to "consonant letter +y" at the end of the double syllable words, the y to I, plus -er, -est;
For example:easy→easier→easiest heavy→heavier→heaviest
   busy→busier→busiest happy→happier→happiest
5---other double syllable words and multi syllable words, comparison in the front plus more, the highest in the front plus most;
For example:beautiful→more beautiful→most beautiful different→more different→most different
   easily→more easily→most easily
Note: (1) superlatives before usually must use the definite article the, the former senior adverbs can not.
For example:The Sahara is the biggest desert in the world.
(2) the adjective most does not have a the in front of it, does not represent the highest level of meaning, only means "very".
For example:It is a most important problem.=It is a very important problem.
6---there are a few comparative adjectives and adverbs and the most senior is irregular, must be memorized.
For example:good→better→best well→better→best
   bad→worse→worst ill→worse→worst
   old→older/elder→oldest/eldest
   many/much→more→most little→less→least
   far →further/farther→ furthest/farthest

Topic: bold parts, don't make sense. it seems wrong. please help me to correct them. thanks a lot.
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 9:06:38 PM
This is my first fouse lesson online, Today we are going to talk about parts of speech. 
        So in English, different kinds of words have different jobs. These different kinds of words are called parts of speech.
So for example, nouns and verbs are parts of speech. Can you think of any more? a little difficult?  no idea? That is ok.  all put of you on the screen. So they have nouns, verbs, also have adjectives, any more?  also have adverbs, conjunction, articles, many more, participles, prepositions, lot's lot's of things. But today, we are going to books on the basics. nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. sounds good? We are going to study with really really esay stuff, and then, harder, harder, and harder.
         OK. Here we go. 
          Nouns= a person, a place, or a thing.
There are examples here are soccer, intrduction, apples, student, laptop, Canada, Country.
          So see if you can think more nouns?
1) Let's get some nouns of people.  So, of cause you can use pronouns. For example, we can say he, she, him, her. Those are people. Also you can say names. I can say my name, Xiaoen. We can also say name's jobs like doctor, doctor is a person. Children and child either are nouns.  Pretty easy right? 
We can also talk about place , or things. 
2) So we now can also be places. So let's think some places. We can talk place like "China". We can also do a city like "Beijing", Shanghai". We could names a place like "park" or "restaurant". so easy examples of places. What place you are in right now? Are you at home or school, either also nor? 
3) So then we also have things. So things are you can catch. but also things are ideas, so things can be table, chair, or also like information, advice. 
So a noun is a person, a place, a thing.
OK. Noun is a easy one. the other one is a little bit harder. 
Topic: about parts of speech. Some sentences don't seem to make sense. please help me. thanks a lot.
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 8:00:59 AM
This is my first fouse lesson online, Today we are going to talk about parts of speech.
So in English, different kinds of words have different jobs. These different kinds of words are called parts of speech.
So for example, nouns and verbs are parts of speech. Can you think of any more? a little difficult? no idea? That is ok. all put of you on the screen. So they have nouns, verbs, also have adjectives, any more? also have adverbs, conjunction, articles, many more, participles, prepositions, lot's lot's of things. But today, we are going to books on the basics. nounds, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. sounds good? We are going to study with really really esay stuff, and then, harder, harder, and harder.
OK. Here we go.
Nouns= a person, a place, or a thing.
There are examples here are soccer, intrduction, apples, student, laptop, Canada, Country.
So see if you can think more nouns?
1) Let's get some nouns of people. So, of cause you can use pronouns. For example, we can say he, she, him, her. Those are people. Also you can say names. I can say my name, Xiaoen. We can also say name's jobs like doctor, doctor is a person. Children and child either are nouns. Pretty easy right?
We can also talk about place , or things.
2) So we now can also be places. So let's thing some places. We can talk place like "China". We can also do a city like "Beijing", Shanghai". We could names a place like "park" or "resturant". so easy examples of places. What place you are in right now? Are you at home or school, either also nor?
3) So then we also have things. So things are you can catch. but also things are ideas, so things can be table, chair, or also like infornation, advice.
So a noun is a person, a place, a thing.
OK. Noun is a easy one. the other one is a little bit harder.
Topic: I wish I my lesson is correct. I don't wish others learning wrong thing from me.
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 7:34:53 PM
FounDit, Yes. we did. Maybe a few place I changed it a little bit. most of all I need to sure I wrote is correct before I record the lesson, because some English lover will listen and study from my recording. I don't wish them learn some wrong thing from my recording. every class, I would do is divided into several parts. then, I will sort out a complete lesson and make sure it no mistake. finaly, I record my voice and send it to internet.
Thank you very much. you are so nice and kind to help me.
Topic: about negative sentence , my understanding is right? please. thank you .
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 2:45:56 AM
The fifth prat: Grammar in use

Negative sentence----To make a positive declarative sentence which uses “be” into a negative, add a “not” after the verb “be”.

In the first lesson we learned “Is this your......” and its affirmative answer “ Yes, it is “. Then this lesson is to learn the general question “Is this your ....”, its negative answer “No, it isn't. ”

“isn’t” is a short form of “is not”.

For example: Affirmative sentence: This is my umbrella.

Negative sentence: This is not my umbrella.

Negative sentence: This isn’t my umbrella.

Look at a set of examples: This isn’t my coat. Is this your coat? No, it isn’t.

When you use the phrase”set of”, then the noun after it is plural. -”set of examples”

Let’s read the text again. Please note how we use “ This is not my....” and “ Is this your ....” “ No, it isn't. ” in the text。

“My coat and my umbrella please.” “Here is my ticket.” “Thank you, sir.” “Number five. ” “Here's your umbrella and your coat.” “This is not my umbrella.” “Sorry. sir. “ “Is this your umbrella?” “Is this it? “Yes, it is. ” “ Thank you very much. ”
Topic: My grammar is correct ? please help me . Thank you very much.
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 2:30:42 AM
Hello, Boys and girls. Today we will learn Lesson three---Sorry, sir。 Today’s story is related to the umbrella, after that to ask you a question, please take the problem to listen the story. Does the man get his umbrella back?
First part: read and watch the video. please answer the question. Does the man get his umbrella back?
My coat and my umbrella please. Here is my ticket. Thank you, sir. Number five. Here's your umbrella and your coat. This is not my umbrella. Sorry. sir. Is this your umbrella? Is this it? Yes, it is. Thank you very much.

So now can you answer this question? Does the man get his umbrella back? Yes . He does. Although a bit difficult, the man finally find back his umbrella.

The third prat: Let’s take a look at language points of this lesson
1----My coat and my umbrella please. This is an omitted form of imperative sentences, complete sentence should be “Give me my coat and my umbrella, please ”. In spoken language, the verb and the indirect object can be omitted when the context is clear. For example: ( Show me your ) Ticket, please. (Show me your ) Passport, please. A cup of coffee, please.
2----Number five. Please pay attention to the difference of word order in Chinese and in English, For example: In English the word class comes before the word two and the word Room comes before the number 103. In Chinese the word two is in front of class and 103 is in front of the word room.
3----Here's your umbrella and your coat. . “Here's” is the abbreviated form of “Here is.” Here's....It’s a kind of usage, the inverted sentence. For example: Here is my ticket. This sentence in the natural order should be like this-- My ticket is here.
In fact some grammar books say that-’s- can only be used when the subject is a person, not a thing or idea. For example: The owner of the house is returning tomorrow. Not the owner’s house......
4----Sorry = I'am sorry. This is spoken in abbreviated form, commonly used to express apologies to others or some degree of regret in social situations. Sorry and Excuse me, Although both is “sorry” in Chinese. But sorry often used to apology for his own sin, Excuse me , for the said formula slightly apologetic.
5----sir, This is the title of the unknown man, the elder or superior in English. For example: in the service industry, the attendant to the male customer is usually called “sir”. What can I do for you, sir? Thank you , sir.
“sir” often used in formal letter. for example: Dear sir or Dear sirs .
“Sir” used before the name or the name of a knight (but not before a surname). For example: Sir Willian Brown.
Topic: about marks and slashes in text
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:20:12 PM
Yes. you are right, founDit.
all markers above each word for telling me to practice my pronunciation and intonation. I did in the end of the page in my blog. http://chinaxiaoenemma.blog.163.com/blog/static/20306713520170117245710/
and slashes in my text in order to tell me to pause at the place when speaking. My pauses is incorrect in my text. I will redoing it this afternoon. Thank you very much. FounDit.
Topic: I used slashes for telling me to stop there when I read it. I did it correct or wrong? please help m
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 10:34:09 PM
Hello, boys and girls. 
  Today //I want to try adding some content,// as some friends suggested that I //interpretate the course without Chinese,//that I should do it //only in English. 
(Today,// I want to try adding some content to the class.// I am Xiaoen //and I will interpretate todays course without// written or spoken Chinese language, //and will be only in English.)
  They want to practice their listening,// pronunciation and intonation.  
  Earlier //I recorded the course in both languages://  English and Chinese.// 
  Now //I have decided to record the same content,// but only in English. 
  I hope you will like it. 
  First //we will learn //"New Concept English Book 1," //Lesson one ---Excuse me.// 
  We will divide it into eight parts// to learn it. 
The video link is // http://m.video.1kejian.com/foreign/brand/2489/
The first part: 
Please watch the video. //After that,// Please answer the question: //"Whose handbag is it?" 
Another way to ask,// although somewhat stuffy, is :// "To whom does this handbag belong?" //
"Whose is this handbag?" //This isn't grammatically correct, //So to conclude,// The right form should be //"Whose handbag is this / it? 
Lesson one----Excuse me ! Yes? Is this your handbag? Pardon? Is this your handbag? Yes it is. Thank you very much. So now can you answer this question?   Whose handbag is it?  The answer is the woman's. 
The second part: 
How does one convert //a statement //in simple present tense //into a question?
For example:// This is your handbag.// It's a simple present tense. //If we want to convert it into a question, //then we need to transpose the verb "is" and the subject "this". //The period should be changed into a question mark //at the end.// The subject-verb order in a question //is inverted.
In standard English,// questions always use subject-verb inversion.
In speech,// “Yes and No ”questions have a rising tone, //a statement has a neutral or falling tone.
For example:// Is this your coat?  
Answer: Yes, it is mine .// or No, it is not my coat. //Mine is red.  
Yes and No questions are rising tone. 
Except “Yes-No” questions,// the word at the end are falling tone. //
For example:// Where is your coat? //How did you tear your coat? /When did you buy your coat?//
The intonations for some questions// can be rising, falling or neutral. It depends on the situation, // what the speaker is emphasizing //and how they are feeling.
The third prat:// The vocabulary in "Lesson one " //includes ----- excuse me    pardon     handbag    thank you   very much. 
The fourth part: //Language point
The first one:Excuse me 
      This form is often used to //apologize to someone, /when we want to attract the attention// of other people, //to disturb others,// or interrupt others ,// usually you can use this expression. //For example:// To a stranger for directions, //use another people's phone, //squeeze through a group of others, //in the middle of the banquet,// or meeting, or to leave for a while //and so on.
The second one:Yes?  
We are going to use the word “yes”using a rising tone,// said when someone is not sure or to ask,// also contains the meaning// of asking another person go on, please. Equivalent to the Chinese in the,// Uh, What's the matter?// What's wrong? //
The third one:Pardon?
When we didn't hear// or didn't understand the each other,// and hope they can repeat it,// you can use this expression.// Pardon is the form of a thumbnail.// Its complete sentence should be// ---I beg your pardon? //Can also be a simple statement// when you want someone to excuse you: " I beg your pardon",// and "pardon me,please".//
The fourth one:Thank you very much. 
     In life,// if we want to thank anyone, //we can also say so--- Thank you. //    Thanks. //    Thanks a lot. //
The fifth part   //  Learning English Numbers ( 1 to 10)
      1---one    2---two    3---there    4---four     5---five     6---six     7---seven     8---eight      9---nine       10---ten
The sixth part  //   word study
 watch           coat          coat and  skirt       dress     skirt     casual dress       
evening dress       shirt  
The seventh part  //   Grammar in use
General questions: //General questions according to its structure// is divided into several kinds. Through the subject-predicate inversion// can make statements into general questions.// Be is a general designation. Be verb includes :// am, is, are, were, was..//
Declarative sentence://This is your watch.
Interrogative sentence://Is this your watch?
In this lesson,// we learned the basic sentence pattern //is a general question.//" Is this your.... ?"// and it must answer "Yes, it is." //( Or, simply, "yes" or "yeah". and sometimes "uh" or "huh".)
Additional part:   
Normal sentence's structure:
S = Subject, V = Verb, O = Object.
He (s) likes (v) me (o) - Does he like me?
When it's in the present tense, //"Does" is added before the main subject// when it's a singular pronoun/noun// - also removes the "s" //from the main verb too, since "Does" has already been added,// it's no longer necessary,// just like in my example.
When it's a plural pronoun/noun:
They (s) do (v) it (o)// - Do they do it? 
Add  "do" in front of the main pronoun and go on// with the rest of the sentence normally.
The eighth part:  Exercises-- Fill in the bracket, from each of the four options// selected the right one.//
Today we learned about sentence's structures,// declarative sentences,interrogative sentences// and its construction and determinators (this, that....).// We learned the main structure //"is this your...." //and "yes, it is." To do more practice,// it is better to speak out loud. //The main goal is to enlarge (expand) our vocabulary.// OK. That is all for today. Thank you very much, see you next time.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.