Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Waffles
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:26:33 PM
Waffles and pancakes, are some of the best breakfast items in the World. I get piggish with them, and I will smear link sausage around in the syrup. All in all, it makes for a really good meal.
Topic: The Ark of the Covenant
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:08:11 PM
The Ark was made to order from God's instructions, but it is almost surely gone from existence. It is a simple enough matter to believe that it existed, and I think that it did.
It is an enthralling tale to read about, such as when the Philistines captured it, during a battle with Israel. It never should have been taken to the battleground; because it was used to prop up the courage of the Israelite's, and it became nothing more than a talisman.

"When the Philistines captured the ark of God, they brought it from Ebenezer to Ashdod. Then the Philistines took the ark of God and brought it into the house of Dagon and set it up beside Dagon. And when the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, behold, Dagon had fallen face downward on the ground before the ark of the LORD. So they took Dagon and put him back in his place."
http://biblehub.com/1_samuel/5-1.htm ESV

If that is not true, the Bible is a lie, in its entirety; so if you find that account to be incredible, you will find the Bible to be false. I have no problem believing it, and Dagon fell on his face, just like it says there.Angel
Topic: Using "May" to Ask for Permission
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:57:47 PM
Modal Auxiliary Verbs - May
UM...modal auxiliary...I am out of my league, and I certainly will not offer a response. I am pleading the 5th, now that is something that I know about.
Topic: difference between religion and morality
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:09:39 PM
eagleeyed wrote:
Can anybody please tell me the difference between 'religion' and 'morality or ethics'? If religion is a set of dogmas only why should we then believe them. Mere belief in dogmas doesn't remove evils like disease, hunger, hatred, prejudice and others that have made human life miserable. I believe than moral norms not dogmas can only make this world peaceful and worthliving. On the contrary, religion makes us callous toward the followers of other religions making this world a hell.

I will use Bible quotes, since I could talk myself senseless on the subject, and still be no further ahead.

James 1:26 & 27
English Standard Version (ESV)

26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.
27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

James gives direction, as to what religion is, and what it isn't. Have you ever spontaneously thought to yourself, "I should visit widows and orphans." No you haven't, no one has. And no other faith has that instruction in its writings. It gives clear instruction, to be involved and to get outside of yourself.

In Matthew, Jesus is talking, and he condemns those who did nothing to help others who were in need.

45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

You can be as moral as the day is long, and not do any good with it. Goodness is an action, a doing, a giving. Morality and ethics are trash, and are dead, they don't do good works. And, where is the evil in this, Love thy neighbor as thyself, Jesus said that.
Topic: private gentleman
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:42:27 PM
I am throwing in, with a rich man, a man who has no need of money, because he already has it.
Topic: Expression: Lose face
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 2:36:42 PM
There is so much extraneous matter in your post, that I lost interest in answering it. Have you suffered a loss of face, by my demeanor, and scolding?Think
I would imagine that to lose face, is to look down at the ground; the meanings of physical traits is usually based, on everyday life.

No, I was wrong, it means "to be unable to show ones face in public".
Topic: To throw an American election
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 2:24:30 PM
Think of "throw" as "overthrow"; or to undo the legitimate results, with illegitimate ones.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/overthrow
Topic: I CAN NOT / CANNOT speak English.
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 2:19:52 PM
That seems like nit-picking at its finest; and I don't think that anyone will be impressed; irrespective of which one you choose.Angel
Topic: i like rest
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 2:13:59 PM
Joe Kim wrote:
rest is best

based on this sentence, can the following be said too?

I like rest.
i like help.

No, because the sentence merely states an opinion of a desired state. It does not specify who or what "rest is best" for.
Topic: In the Quest for Good Grammar
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 2:10:51 PM
Won't Grandma care if we eat her? I know mine would have; the crusty old bear that she was, she would have forked me as a pre-emptive.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.