Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Document supplied by construction company
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 12:06:06 AM
palapaguy wrote:
"As-built construction drawings" comes to mind as one possibility. But if you're looking for a universally-recognized term, there is no such thing in the US. Construction, documentation and licensing practices vary among jurisdictions. Simply describe what the documentation consists of, and people will understand. If they still have questions, they'll ask.

Hello Palapaguy,
Thanks for your suggestion. I can see your point. Rather than thinking about the name of the document, I will make sure that it is clear what it is by its name.

Thanks again,
Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:59:24 PM
Sarrriesfan wrote:
Apparently the official term in England would be the "Operations and Maintenance Manual", this would be different for other countries.

This is one of those cases when a literal translation does not help you have to know what the correct term is for the place you are refering to.

Hello Sarrriesfan,

Thanks a lot. I think the term you mentioned seems to specify more clearly about the characteristics of the document that I am trying to translate. In Japanese business culture, this type of documents is important as a proof of completion of a work. I think that is why the word "completion" is necessary in the title. However, the document will be submitted to our customer in North America so I believe more direct expression is preferable.

Thanks again for your great suggestions.
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:06:13 PM
jacobusmaximus wrote:
Alikoba wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to translated a word from Japanese to English regarding a document which is submitted by a construction company when the cunstruction is over. The document included information of specifications, drawings and some other features. If I literaly translate it, it is "completed book" or "completion book" which seems like a bit weird. Does anyone know what this type of documents is called in English?

Thanks,

A form called Application for Certification of Completion is what a Contractor will submit to a Client or Local Building Authority.

Hello jacobusmaximus,

Thank for your suggestion. Application for Certification of Completion sounds like just a brief summary of construction. Does it also include detailed construction plans or drawings?

Thanks,
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:55:05 PM
Sarrriesfan wrote:
I suspect that this type of document will have a different name in various legal jurisdictions of the world, I know someone who is a Quanity Surveyor in the UK I will email him to see if I can get an answer for what he calls it to get an answer for the UK.

I think though from conversations we have had at other times a "Completion Document" or "Completion Pack" may be a term used.

Hello Sarrriesfan,

Thank you for your suggestion. I really appreciate it.

Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 2:49:54 AM
Hi,

I am trying to translated a word from Japanese to English regarding a document which is submitted by a construction company when the cunstruction is over. The document included information of specifications, drawings and some other features. If I literaly translate it, it is "completed book" or "completion book" which seems like a bit weird. Does anyone know what this type of documents is called in English?

Thanks,

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.