[0.10% of all post / 1.51 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Box and Cox
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 12:01:55 PM
Topic: politesse
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 11:58:01 AM
Just for a historical record (and for fun):

USS Politesse (SP-662)
- It was a motorboat that served in the United States Navy as a patrol vessel from 1917 to 1919.
- Politesse was built as a civilian motorboat in 1911 by J. R. Robertson at Waltham, Massachusetts, for Frederick G. Hood. In 1917, the U.S. Navy chartered her for use as a patrol boat during World War I.
- She was commissioned on 15 April 1917 as USS Politesse (SP-662). Apparently, her charter officially went into effect two days later, on 17 April 1917.
- Politesse performed patrol duty at Boston, Massachusetts, for the remainder of World War I.

Topic: For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 11:49:55 AM
Despite we are made of our individuality, every human being is a part of a whole. Being interconnected with others around us and before us (our forefathers) and after us (our generations), we are attached in time and space to all living beings sharing this planet, and perhaps, this universe.
My fellow Rudyard was very happy in writing these words down in such a beautiful fashion.
Those lines represent the reality of humans as a sort of collective-individuals. A universe inside connected outside.
Topic: born in the purple
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 11:35:33 AM
Topic: first-class
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 11:33:07 AM
First class (computing)

In database modeling, a first class item is one that has an identity independent of any other item.
The identity allows the item to persist when its attributes change allowing other items to claim relationships with the item.
Topic: A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:15:58 PM
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

The adejctives used by anyone in conversations are the strata of his/her culture environment. In other words, the way we use language shows how much educated is our view of this world.
I totally agree with Mr Twain.
Topic: bone-idle
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:04:20 PM
Topic: corpuscle
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:01:52 PM
Topic: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:33:18 AM
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

My point of view is that Kennedy's statement might be regarded as how much we are to take control of things in life.
Considering that revolutions as turning-point moments in everyone's lives, we either can handle and control the situation improving a peaceful transition, or let the "situation" blows the coop doing nothing and letting the "civil war" happen.
In other words, If you don't take care of Life, Life will "take care" of you!
Being even more literal, Who doesn't manage, will be managed.
Topic: blow up (one's) phone
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:23:48 AM

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.