Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 295
[0.04% of all post / 1.99 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Fillowing
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:08:26 AM
Thank you. Can it be a preposition as it is followed by a noun- victory?
How do I decide if it is a preposition or an adverb?
Topic: Fillowing
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:25:26 AM
At the end of the enthralling four-match series, which India won 2-1 following victory in the Dharamsala Test, Kohli had said that his views on friendship with the Australians have changed
Is "following" a present participle functoning adverbially means after in the context by answering the question "when"?
Thanks
Topic: Not being available
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:38:11 PM
Great! Thanks a lot!!!
Topic: Leading
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:46:10 AM
Is it the present participle functioning adverbially or a reduced relative clause?
Please explain the grammar points. Thank you all for your wonderful help.
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:43:21 AM

Just last doubt , please explain to me why can't way say "SCR not available"? I know it's wrong but in terms of analysis, what are the essential elements that must be there to be grammatically correct? I know now that "being" is a present participle but always get confused when to use it and when not to? A would really appreciate your help to clear this doubt! Thanks

Topic: The coach
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:08:42 AM
Spot on! Thank you
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:55:20 AM
I am reading my drug history taking training package and I saw the following:
When asking for a fax due to SCR ( summary care record) not being available, always confirm that they are
Going to send information regarding repeat prescriptions, acute prescriptions and allergy status.
I understand that "due to" is a preposition but what is the grammatical form and function of "being" here?
If we just say " SCR" not available would not grammatically be correct?
Topic: Leading
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:43:17 AM
I am reading my Drug history taking training package and came across the following:
The patient would have received more than double the dose they require leading to the risk of severe bleeding with potentially fatal consequences.
What is the grammatical form and function of "leading" and when do we use this form?
Thanks
Topic: What does make or what makes
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:15:58 AM
What makes you think the BJP wants to split the BJD in Odisha?
https://m.rediff.com/news/interview/i-hope-mr-modi-will-have-good-sense/20170329.htm
In question formation how do we know to use "what makes vs what does make"?
There is no helping verb. What is the parts of speech of "what" at the begining here?
Topic: Important
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:10:55 AM
It is important to wear gloves.
How do we identify adjectives from nouns? I know typically they answer the following questions: which one or what kind of?, how many and how much?.
Could we use the above test to confirm that "important" is an adjective always and not a noun ever.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.