User Name: yummyspringroll
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.00% of all post / 0.09 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: How to show all topics I started?
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:34:49 PM
Waah,, thank you NeuroticHellFem and IMcRout :)

NeuroticHellFem, I see you put so much effort in answering my question,, you're awesome! Thanks a bunch!

-__-
Topic: How to show all topics I started?
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 9:05:59 PM
Is there a way to show all the topics I started?
When I go to my profile page I can only see the last 10 posts by me. I wanted to see all the topics I've started. There are several old topics that I need to read again.
By the way, I am sorry if I asked this in the wrong forum.

-__-
Topic: gossiping? INDONESIAN users (preferably, Javanese) please help
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:05:09 PM
What's the best word for ngrasani or rasan-rasan in English? Okay, ngrasani is very Javanese, maybe a more common word in Indonesian is ngomongin orang, but I think ngrasani has a much stonger feel.
So what's the best English word for it? I tried gossiping and badmouthing but somehow I don't think they have the same strength as ngrasani. Or do they?

For non-Indonesian users:
What's the best verb for talking behind one's back? The talk is usually about one's flaw, one's mistake, one's fault, one's disgrace, blaming one for one's difficult situation, etc.

Your reply would be much appreciated~! Angel

-__-
Topic: as it seem/seems ?
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 10:59:23 PM
which is correct: as it seem or as it seems ?

-__-
Topic: Is this sentence correct?
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 7:15:56 AM
thanks, Jyrkkä Jätkä and sureshot! ^_^

umm,, what about: People said he was a nice guy as he always care about others. ?
I hope it's correct?

Or should it be: People said he was a nice guy as he always cared about others. ?

-__-
Topic: Is this sentence correct?
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 5:11:21 AM
People said he was a nice guy as to always cared about others.

Is the above sentence correct? If not, could you point out what's wrong?
Is it the use of as to? Or the use of past tense? Or...?

your reply would be much appreciated~ Pray

-__-
Topic: trickling stop
Posted: Thursday, March 09, 2017 4:44:35 AM
thar

OOoooh,,, okaaay. I get the picture now. Hahahaaa. Thank you, thar

I get screeching stop; I can easily imagine it's something stopping with a screeching sound. But I didn't get trickling stop because the definition of trickle in this site is basically small flow,, I couldn't imagine something stopping but also still flowing,,, d'oh! I thought maybe trickling stop is like intermittent stop so in a way it's a flow of many stops,,, hahaa,, Anxious

So in short, when an action/movement/occurrence comes to a trickling stop, it means the action/movement/occurrence drops in intensity/speed until it finally stops altogether. Correct?

-__-
Topic: trickling stop
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 8:06:36 PM
I came across this phrase a few times, usually in the form of "....came to a trickling stop..."

What does it mean? What kind of stop is a trickling stop? How does a trickling stop stops (how does it work)?
Could anyone elaborate, please?

-__-
Topic: my sentences I made , correct or wrong? thank you.
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:49:41 PM
Today I want to try adding some content. A few friends suggested that I record an interpretation of the course without Chinese. I decided to do it right now. I hope you'll like it.

I'm no native or an expert in English, though. I might be wrong myself.

-__-
Topic: as if you are/were .... ?
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 3:25:01 AM
I've heard that type 2 conditional is also used to express hypothetical / unlikely situations. So when I say "If I were smart enough I would be doing another job" that means I am not smart and I am doing a job that I don't like.
So if I met someone and talked about my current job in a way that suggests that my job was really awesome and I loved it, and then secretly scoffed at myself, I would mumble to myself
"As if my job is cool" or "As if my job was cool" ?

Answers would be much appreciated~!

(or Answers will be much appreciated?)

-__-

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.