User Name: TFD
Forum Rank: Administration
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 912
[0.10% of all post / 0.24 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Words Within Words 100% - Where's my 100 Neurons?
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 9:28:44 AM
WeaselADAPT wrote:
Has Words Within Words been deleted or something?

I've been using TFD for years but I only recently (within the last week) got serious about playing the games and going for all the badges. But I can't find this "Words Within Words" game.

And I HAVE adjusted my homepage to include ALL features. So...? Think

Words Within Words is the old version of WordHub, which you can find on the homepage. To access Words Within Words, go to WordHub, click the settings cogwheel icon, and then select "Words Within Words" and click Save.
Topic: Language of the page changing . . .
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 10:07:27 AM
We're sorry you're having trouble. When you look up a word in the French dictionary, the URL should be https://fr.thefreedictionary.com.

If you look up any words while you're in that URL, you should remain in French unless the word does not exist in the French dictionary.

Please provide a few examples of actions that resulted in navigating from French to English so we can investigate.
Topic: neurons
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2019 10:54:24 AM
The amount of neurons awarded sometimes decreases after you have been participating in an activity for a long period of time consecutively. So you may start our earning 5 neurons, but that may be reduced to 1 after a certain amount of time.

As for "Active Streak," this is the number of days you have visited the site consecutively.
Topic: Safety Measures: Bookmarks
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 11:43:17 AM
We're very sorry you lost your bookmarks, we know that is very frustrating. Unfortunately, bookmarks that are deleted are not able to be recovered.

We added the two-step deletion process with the warning because we know how important bookmarks are to users. We will discuss your suggestion about the undo feature with our development team.

We hope you continue to find the site useful.
Topic: spelling game doesn't know how to spell
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 9:49:30 AM
Although one of the medical encyclopedias includes that variant spelling as a headword, the correct spelling is "ophthalmologist" (https://www.thefreedictionary.com/ophthalmologist).
Topic: Mike or anyone who can help me
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2019 9:46:29 AM
We have restored your active streak. Please let us know if you encounter this problem again.
Topic: The Free Dictionary Missing Idioms Contest
Posted: Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:57:28 PM
The Free Dictionary has the largest collection of English idioms in the world. But we’re always looking for more to add, and we want your help! If you know some idioms that aren’t already defined on The Free Dictionary, send them to us, and you could win!

Enter here:
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/idiom-contest.htm
Topic: TFD pro 9.0 issue with iPhone
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:18:26 AM
We have sent you an email.
Topic: Question about WordHub game.
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2019 11:31:06 AM
If you are playing on an iPhone, you just need to log in to The Free Dictionary app, and when you open Book-Man it will ask you if you want to sync your account in order to earn neurons.

The same feature will be available for Android soon.
Topic: Trouble with app on Iphone 5SE
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:48:14 AM
A problem that affected a large amount of users was resolved earlier this morning. Please restart the app and let us know if you continue to have any problems. Thank you for your patience—we apologize for the inconvenience.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.