Interests:
Home Page http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/register.aspx
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: What is happening there ?
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:47:35 AM
Love doesn't make ill to his neighbors. :)
Topic: What is happening there ?
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:46:41 AM
zesto wrote:
yeni wrote:

Is there any call for mobilisation ?

============================================
Not yet.

---Hi zesto.:) Yes, right.I am teaching Koreans how to communicate well in English.:) I just want to ask where you live. And yes, I know Daegu. :) I am now here in the Philippines. :))
Topic: New word in the dictionary
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:59:36 AM
Babezy wrote:
What's the difference between a complicality and a complication?

That would be , complication as the general term and complicality as the term for technical predicament; as what have the maker of the word said. :)
Topic: New word in the dictionary
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:51:57 AM
AllenJuiice wrote:
I am trying to submit a word in the dictionary:

Complicality: A technical complication; A technical predicament.

In a sentence - "The professor that is unable to access Microsoft Powerpoint during a lecture is considered to be a complicality."

Would this word be acceptable or inadmissible?

Your thoughts?

"The professor that is unable to access Microsoft Powerpoint during a lecture is considered to be a complicality."

I think whether it is "A professor or "The Professor" the sentence would still be grammatical but a little confusing.

Base on the definition you made for the word you are trying to submit, I do believe it's a noun referring to a situation wherein in there's a technical problem. Therefore, in the sentence:

"The professor that is unable to access Microsoft Powerpoint during a lecture is considered to be a complicality."

"Complicality" is the supposed predicative nominative of the/ a professor; however, base on the new word's definition it could not be the p.n. To make this right, the sentence should be:

"The professor who is unable to access Microsoft Powerpoint during a lecture experienced a complicality."

Does this make sense?:)

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.