User Name: Freda Kelly
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Do Pool Chemicals React with Hair Dye?
Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 5:20:35 AM
Hair dye should not be affected with the chlorine levels in commercial pools. I know in Florida, the health department regulates levels between 2-10 parts per million (ppm). This level is not high enough to change hair that has been dyed. In some residental pools with high stabilizer levels, chlorine levels may be higher than 10 ppm to counteract and allow sanitation. I believe even with higher chlorine levels hair which has been dyed will still have no color changes. The misconception with chlorine is that when you can smell chlorine, the levels are too high. Actually it means the chlorine smell is from chlorimates, which is used and renered ineffective. To rid chlorimates you would add more chlorine. When hair is turned green, this is also a misconception of high chlorine levels, when in fact there is high levels of copper in the water which need to be tested, treated, and remove.
Topic: Pull the ladder up
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:42:03 PM
Ive never heard "pull up the ladder" used, however I will use this next opportunity.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.