The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: olddogg eleventy2
About
User Name: olddogg eleventy2
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests: languages, music, arts, history and stuff like that there.
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 37
[0.00% of all post / 0.21 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Faith is believing what you know ain't so.
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:56:49 AM
one of my favorite mark twain quips, and i am para-phrasing,....when i was seventeen i thought my parents were the most stupidest people in the world, but when i turned twenty-one i was amazed at how much they had learned in four years! classic and appropriate for all the generations.
Topic: World Day for Water
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:20:19 AM
though we have had our problems with water,(i.e. flint, mi) the great state of michiigan, u.s.a. has been more than blessed. with our wonderful and beautiful great lakes. also all of the surrounding states and canada.we are also blessed with a bounty of inland lakes, rivers and streams. god truly smiled on this piece of earth.
Topic: have (someone's) number on it
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:10:15 AM
similar to tor numbers up.
Topic: beer muscles
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:10:05 AM
love the picture, monamagda.
Topic: Be so true to thyself as thou be not false to others.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:24:36 PM
be true to your school.............. the beach boys 196? something something!
Topic: in the event that
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:40:47 AM
monamagda.....i think some would say that certain parts of the royal family have achieved Philips goal already, considering past colonial events in certain parts of the world.
Topic: Dust Devils
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 2:10:47 PM
I lived in northern Az. for 30 some yrs., just north of Prescott.I had friends that lived up on black mesa and one dayI went to visit. As i came over a rise on the main road there is a vista of the whole flat area before the rise of tehe mesa.Looking out i counted 15 dust devils going full tilt boogie over the flat. There might of been more but I had to keep my eyes on the road.......pretty cool.
Topic: Liberalia
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 1:26:04 PM
Where can I find a green toga? Very interesting. More ancient gods to sort through. Oh well! Thank you.
Topic: Andrew Jackson (1767)
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:16:56 PM
this man was as big a scoundrel as polk. after the cherokee nation allied itself with the colonies and a fledgling united states, fought and died alongside newcomers to a new land, adopted white-mans customs and business practices, learned the language and religion, they were still betrayed and packed off to new lands set aside by a back-stabbing money loving people who envied their properties and resources. the government gave into to the manipulations of real estate speculators in the georgia legislature and performed a legalized dismantling of the cherokee nation. andrew jackson turned his back on his comrades in arms and endorsed this trail of tears. another thing that makes me ashamed sometimes about america.....what it says and what it does are two totally different things. okay my rants over!
Topic: Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.
Posted Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:00:58 PM
" If you can't win, it's not worth doing."---Homer J. Simpson

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.