Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.07 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Well rounded
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:28:10 AM
What comes to mind is something that is inclusive and comprehensive of the situation the thing is a part of. It is formed and shaped to be of good use.

A well-rounded meal would encompass bits and pieces all that is beneficial and satisfying.

A well-rounded person has been exposed to other cultures and ways and has balanced the knowledge in a way that allows them to be beneficial.
Topic: My TIDBIT of the day
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2017 4:15:48 PM
TheParser wrote:
No. 1

A 70-year-old woman wrote a newspaper that she is VERY upset when male servers (waiters) refer to her as "young lady."

She is thinking of replying, "Thank you, Little Boy."

The newspaper told her that the servers are trying to be nice.

The newspaper advised her NOT to be sarcastic.

It suggested that she say, "It's been a while since I've been a young lady. You can call me ma'am."

If your job brings you into contact with senior citizens (the gentle American term for us old people), you may wish NOT to call us "young lady" or "young man."

I have noticed that some women are also offended by the word ma'am, which implies that they are old.

Source: The "Dear Amy" column for June 8, 2017.

One hopes that as we are we understand, ever greater, the need and importance of communication. A term of respect in one region is rude in another.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.