User Name: Nelson Cerqueira
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.00% of all post / 0.11 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: November, n.: The eleventh twelfth of a weariness.
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 10:19:16 PM
Drool That’s how I feel before vacation!
Topic: Everything looms pleasant through the softening haze of time. Even the sadness that is past seems sweet.
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 11:05:19 AM
Time is time is time, paraphrasing Gertrud Stein.
Topic: To the boy of twenty it seems impossible that he will not love as wildly at sixty as he does then ... His love will never...
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 12:05:40 PM
Not talking I remain and shall remain the boy I’ve ever bee! That my motto!
Topic: Being poor is a mere trifle. It is being known to be poor that is the sting.
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:33:39 AM
According to Bredve, Hindi philosopher, there is no poverty; just an individual perception
Topic: I am tempted to think that to be despised by her sex is a very great compliment to a woman.
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:05:05 PM
It seems to be that a statement of the Caliber wouldn’t be acceptable today Oh tempora! Ok Mored
Topic: There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that ... imitation is suicide.
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:35:10 AM
Boo hoo!
thar wrote:
Imitation is suicide - if you copy everyone else, you lose yourself.

You need to take your own individual path, to truly be yourself.
Topic: There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that ... imitation is suicide.
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:29:30 AM
Applause imitation has been the bad sheep since Plato’s Republic!
Topic: The truth is, we each of us have an inborn conviction that the whole world, with everybody and everything in it, was created...
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2018 9:55:15 AM
Daemon wrote:
The truth is, we each of us have an inborn conviction that the whole world, with everybody and everything in it, was created as a sort of necessary appendage to ourselves. Our fellow men and women were made to admire us and to minister to our various requirements.

Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)

Tru ou interesting and enlightening!
Topic: axiomatic
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 12:56:32 PM
This is used a lot in law, economics and social studied
Topic: Could you correct or confirm the question?
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 12:40:10 PM
Boo hoo!
DavidLearn wrote:
leonAzul wrote:
DavidLearn wrote:
Hi teachers,
I believe this question is wrong:
How many days did you spend in your Easter holidays?
Shouldn't it be:
How many days did you spend for your Easter holidays?

Thanks

I agree that your suggestion is more natural.

A more complete and wordy version would be: How many days did you spend on your vacation during the Easter holidays?

I would also add that is even more common to ask: How many [vacation] days did you take for your Easter holiday?

Hi leonAzul,
Thanks for your correction. Then in your last one I can also use "have" instead of "take", can't I?

David.

I believe that how many days did you take, refers to your action of taking those days and you willl have to subtract from your vacation. Whereas, how many days did you have... may indicate a company policy of granting or not holidays...

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.