Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 86
[0.01% of all post / 0.12 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Prison rape slang
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:35:42 AM
Eoin Riedy:

Yes, it is quite possible. The threatening man is an afro-american and the wiki says that "Woke is a political term of black origin...".
Thank you for the many help, although I am still not know why the rapist wants to achieve orgasm by masturbation. Maybe it's some personal preference.
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:57:50 AM
Thank you all for the help!
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:43:00 AM
Respected teachers and helpers,

I am currently reading "The Pig" by Edward Lee. There is a scene in it when a new inmate greets his cellmate. His cellmate not returns the greating, instead he says this: "Ah'll beat myseff off wiff my hand affa I woke yo' ass." While I get the gist of the sentence (he promises rape) I don't understand the whole meaning. "I will beat myself off with my hand..." - I think this is the first part, but what is the second part exactly? I would appreciate it if you could write down the sentence in clear words.
Topic: simple present
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:15:07 AM
"The sun sets, the birds become silent and the world is dark - it was then he realised he was lost."

it was then he realised he was lost. - It was this moment when he realised he was lost. He only realizes it once, not every day or hour.

A repeated action occurs more than once, for example every day, every week.

When something occurs only once it is not a repeated action.

True, the sun sets every day, but your sentence describe the moment when someone realizes that he is lost. It is not about the sun.
Topic: have to look forward to
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:12:41 PM
Thank you for the clarification, thar!
Topic: woman’s woman
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:11:39 AM
From the online Oxford dictionary:

"A woman whose qualities are appreciated by women, a woman who is popular with other women."
Topic: have to look forward to
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 7:34:15 AM
Respected teachers and helpers,

I am currently reading "Tormented" by Lee Mountford.
There is an old man with a knee that loudly pops when he stands up. His younger college mentions that it must be painful.
The old man: "If one lives long enough, it is unavoidable, I'm afraid. Something you have to look forward to."

Later a man speaks about a bad thing that will likely happen to another one:
"Guess this is what you've got to look forward to, lad"

My problem is that I don't know exactly what have to and have got to mean in these sentences. Are they meaning "must needs" or is this a possessive case (and have and to are two separate things)?
Topic: You know our warm and cuddly Koalas?
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 5:06:16 AM
Instead of punching (as the link says) it's more like wrestling and judo ground fighting.
Topic: Ought to
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 10:01:09 AM
Thank you!
Topic: Ought to
Posted: Saturday, January 6, 2018 10:17:19 AM
Thank you, thar.

So he says that the cane probably will be able to hold open the airways. Am I right now?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.