Topic: Questionnaire
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:55:32 PM
almo 1 wrote:
Your age *
Up to 18 years
From 18 to 30 years
From 30 to 45 years
Over 45 years

You are lumping people over 45 together?
I'd be more interested in how often people over 80 or 90 visit social networks.
Anyway I could not find the country I should choose.Dancing

I have coreected it. Thanks for your suggestion)))
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:51:28 PM
Sarrriesfan wrote:
If you do correct the questionnaire you should also add countries such as Australia and New Zealand and the continents of Africa and Asia to your list of possible citizenships.

The terms used in the educational status area are as confusing to me as a British persons as they are to Wilmar (USA) as an American, is my undergraduate degree a High education?

There are also other possible relationship statuses that should be included, for example those that are in a long term relationship but not married.

Thanks a lot! I realy appreciate your input. By the way, I had more countries on the list, I might have forgotten to save them. Thanks again)
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:49:55 AM
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
The age selections are going to confuse people. For example, which selection do you expect a 30-year-old person to choose? I think these choices are more commonly given as follows.
- Under 18
- 18 - 30
- 31 - 45
- Over 45

The education selections confuse me -- I have no idea how to reply to that. I have a college degree. I don't knwo what to suggest, but will mention that these choices are unfamiliar to the US citizen.

Marital status has already been explained.

Social Networks? Am I to read "always on" literally, or do you have a guidelines for what "always" is in your opinion?

The citizenship wording is rather cumbersome. Something more like "Please indicate you citizenship" is easier on the eyes.

Keep at it!

Thanks! I was sure it would sound weird but it was my first time composing a questionnaire in English, I will follow your piece of advice)))

"Always": I meant that using mobile phones we can now stay online all day, maybe it wasn't the right way of conveying my idea))
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:47:02 AM
RE: Sarriesfan
Quote:
It seems some of those fields are a little lacking.
Martial Status, what if you are single but have divorced, meaning you were once married? A widow or widower may now be single but once have been married.

Thanks a lot for your corrections, I will try to modify the questionnaire)
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:59:39 PM
Hi!

I am writing the thesis on sociology. I would be grateful if you fill the questionnaire.

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate your help.

http://webanketa.com/forms/68rkacsp70qkgshh6dgk2rv1/en/
Topic: the sentence check
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 5:10:56 PM
THANKS!

thar wrote:
Whoa - breathe!

This runs on way too long. It needs breaking up with punctuation.
If you identify your core sentence, then punctuate the adverbial phrases around that, that might improve how they link in.

There are some problems at the moment with phrases like:
"Of no importance might it seem at first sight"
This needs to be able to stand alone, and have a conjunction to link it to the main statement. E.g. 'although'.

But you already have a lot of conjunctions. You need commas at the very least.
Then the word order for the individual phrases will become clearer, and the word choice will become easier to examine.

Topic: the sentence check
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 4:18:11 PM
Hello!

Could you please check if this sentence is right? Thanks in advance

Of no importance might it seem at first sight but self-identity is being crippled by numerous contacts and the necessity to construct a portrait in social networks according to which friends will treat a person in real life.
Topic: I was driving my car...with my sister.
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2017 1:27:53 AM
or to emphasize: it was me who was driving a car
Topic: live along with
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 9:55:07 AM
Thanks a lot.

Sophia Alexandrova wrote:

Are there any other ways to express the process of sympathizing?

Thanks in advance!

I meant empathising))
Topic: live along with
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 7:11:27 AM
Hello!

Is it possible to say "live along with caharcters" in the meaning of sympathizing them? If not, is it possible to say: this gripping film lets the viewer join the characters struggling for happiness?

Are there any other ways to express the process of sympathizing?

Thanks in advance!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.