User Name: Paulo Rogério 7
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 52
[0.01% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Censure is the tax a man pays to the public for being eminent.
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2019 3:05:25 PM
Censure, I will freak out without it! Wouldn't you'all?
Topic: Censure is the tax a man pays to the public for being eminent.
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2019 3:05:21 PM
Censure, I will freak out without it! Wouldn't you'all?
Topic: Neil Armstrong Becomes the First Man to Walk on the Moon (1969)
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:48:08 PM
taurine wrote:
Ajike Omooba wrote:
Three new minerals were discovered in the rock samples collected by the astronauts: armalcolite, tranquillityite, and pyroxferroite. Armalcolite was named after Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins.

Awesome.

I am sure they were there. As for the three different minerals discovered, assuming that Moon was once part of Earth, I woud be sceptic.
Topic: A triple not to-be-missed...
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:33:44 PM
Think
Amybal wrote:
Hi, is there anything wrong in these sentences?

This is a collection consisting of the four movies.

Short summary
A triple not to-be-missed film collection featuring all three IRON MAN movies!

Long summary
Iron Man 1-3, the complete collection in one place! In Iron Man, after being held captive in an Afghan cave, billionaire engineer Tony Stark creates a unique weaponized suit of armor to fight evil. In Iron Man 2, now that Tony Stark’s super hero secret has been revealed to the world, he must face his most dangerous enemy. In Iron Man 3, when Tony Stark finds his entire world reduced to rubble, he must use all his ingenuity to survive and protect those he loves.

I'm still trying to figure out where is the fourth movie, to include all the four of them.
Topic: It is curious how instinctively one protects the image of oneself from idolatry or any other handling that could make it...
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:22:52 AM
Daemon wrote:
It is curious how instinctively one protects the image of oneself from idolatry or any other handling that could make it ridiculous, or too unlike the original to be believed in any longer.

Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)
Think Not anymore, I'm afraid !
Topic: The bow cannot always stand bent, nor can human frailty subsist without some lawful recreation.
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:40:22 AM
Daemon wrote:
The bow cannot always stand bent, nor can human frailty subsist without some lawful recreation.

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616)
We asked for new quotes, how about originl ones? "El que no sabe gozar de la ventura cuando le viene, no debe quejarse si se pasa." M. de Cervantes Saavedra
Topic: Gnaeus Julius Agricola (40 CE)
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:18:55 AM
For those who got to know Bath, that period must have been splendid and glorious for the island.
Topic: I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and...

Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:54:23 PM
Shhh well/ that was really interesting, except for my trunk. Said the young elephant.
Daemon wrote:
(They taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and WhenAnd How and Where and Who.

Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)
Topic: To build up patterns of
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2019 6:09:38 PM
I would like to enlighten more with TFD:
build up
1. To develop or increase in stages or by degrees: built up the business; building up my endurance for the marathon.
2. To accumulate or collect: sediment building up on the ocean floor.
3. To bolster: build up the product with a massive ad campaign; built up my hopes after the interview.
4. To fill up (an area) with buildings.
It sems to be that to construct would be the ideal term to replace this phrasal verb, if you wanted.
Topic: The 6th grade bully
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 7:44:55 PM
Much better

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.