Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 134
[0.02% of all post / 0.16 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Frank Russell Capra (1897)
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018 9:16:38 AM
Another visionary genius from my ancestors' land... Viva l'Italia!
Topic: Maria Gaetana Agnesi (1718)
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:53:51 PM
Another genius from the land of my ancestors...
Topic: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the...
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:00:52 AM
True. Know yourself and you will conquer the world.
Topic: It is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of miseries, and woes, and troubles. And yet when King Laugh come, he make...
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 1:07:55 PM
"There, you know now why I love him so. And yet when he say things that touch my husband-heart to the quick, and make my father-heart yearn to him as to no other man, not even you, friend John, for we are more level in experiences than father and son, yet even at such a moment King Laugh he come to me and shout and bellow in my ear, 'Here I am! Here I am!' till the blood come dance back and bring some of the sunshine that he carry with him to my cheek. Oh, friend John, it is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of miseries, and woes, and troubles. And yet when King Laugh come, he make them all dance to the tune he play. Bleeding hearts, and dry bones of the churchyard, and tears that burn as they fall, all dance together to the music that he make with that smileless mouth of him. And believe me, friend John, that he is good to come, and kind. Ah, we men and women are like ropes drawn tight with strain that pull us different ways. Then tears come, and like the rain on the ropes, they brace us up, until perhaps the strain become too great, and we break. But King Laugh he come like the sunshine, and he ease off the strain again, and we bear to go on with our labor, what it may be."

http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/Bram_Stoker/Dracula/CHAPTER_13_p10.html
Topic: Sooner or later we have all to pay for what we do.
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:44:59 PM
I totally agree, but I think some people don't pay as they should...
Topic: I would permit no man, no matter what his color might be, to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 7:59:05 AM
Other quotes by Booker T. Washington:

If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.
Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.
Character, not circumstances, makes the man.
Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company.
Topic: I would permit no man, no matter what his color might be, to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 7:53:06 AM
Another good man in the history of mankind...
Topic: James McCune Smith (1813)
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:43:53 AM
Another man to look up to in the history of mankind.Applause
Topic: If there is one person I do despise more than another, it is the man who does not think exactly the same on all topics as I do.
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:28:58 AM
"If there is one person I do despise more than another, it is the man who does not think exactly the same on all topics as I do". Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)

So is life. Whistle

Topic: Percy Lavon Julian (1899)
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:19:00 AM
Another man to look up to in the history of mankind.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.