Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Why good deeds?
Posted Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:02:43 PM
sorry Romany I didn't know the rule. I will be careful in future.
Topic: Why good deeds?
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:03:04 PM
Love thy neighbour as thyself, says Bible.
Don't be harsh to orphans, says Quran.

Why should we do so? 1. To please our neighbours and orphans whom we meet?

or 2. to please God so that He be happy with us in our life hereafter?

If our answer is 1. it would mean that we are caring and morally good.
If our answer is 2. it would mean that we are selfish as we do any thing good only to be rewarded in return.
Topic: difference between religion and morality
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:51:11 PM
Thank you all to help me understand the difference between religion and morality. What made me ask this question was my obervation that religion spreads hatred, unhealthy competition and arrogance while on the other hand moral norms ask us to be kind to others, to help others and never to enter into any discussion that hurts other people's sentiments. I don't mean to say that religion ask us to be cruel and selfish, but its 'mechanism' is such as make people not forcibly but rather unknowingly to be hostile to others. Trinity is a part of Christian faith while Muslims vehemntly reject this idea and believe in One God. So many examples can be quoted here to prove that one's relegious beliefs disturb or annoy the followers of other beliefs. Even within Muslims there are scsores of sects that remain at daggers drawn with one another. The people of one sect declare the people of the other sects non-believers or Kafirs. They go even to the extent of brutally killing those whose ideas differ from their ideas. Morality or moral norms or practices remain the same in all religions. Both the Christians and the Muslims have never advocated dishonesty, corruption, falsehood, cruelty, adulteration and many other such evils. Look at the Daesh. What they people are doing in the name of religion. Have you ever heard of anybody killing other persons only because he threw garbage in front of his neighbour's house or preaching anyone that throwing garbage in front of one's neighbour's house is a good act. But religion does this. If you are a non-believer you must be slain. What world is facing today in the form of terrorism is the result of the centries old conflict between two sects of Islam: Sunni and Shia. Had there been no religion there would not have been so much atrocity, chaos and lawlessness.
Topic: Adverse effect of religion
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:16:05 AM
Ashwin Joshi:
'Changing our life to submit to God...' Which God? Allah? Bhagwan? Jesus? Holy Spirit? or some other entity that is supposed to have created this universe and has the power or authority to send us to hell or heaven?
Topic: difference between religion and morality
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:07:27 AM
Can anybody please tell me the difference between 'religion' and 'morality or ethics'? If religion is a set of dogmas only why should we then believe them. Mere belief in dogmas doesn't remove evils like disease, hunger, hatred, prejudice and others that have made human life miserable. I believe than moral norms not dogmas can only make this world peaceful and worthliving. On the contrary, religion makes us callous toward the followers of other religions making this world a hell.
Topic: Please correct me
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2016 9:44:01 PM
please correct me.

1. The higher the dpi of the printer the better its quality will be.
2. The higher is the dpi of the printer the better will be its quality.
3. The higher the dpi of the printer the better will be its quality.

Thanks for help.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.