Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,444
[0.17% of all post / 2.09 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Saudis and Extremism: ‘Both the Arsonists and the Firefighters’
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 4:46:37 PM
Hope123 wrote:
Progpen, I was reading about the Hitler museum and thought that might work. But you are saying they have tried that with US statues erected to show dominance without much success. Oh well.

Guess I have to change my mind about that idea since I have received conflicting (true) facts. Angel Angel Angel

If the city, state or regional government has the funds necessary to create a museum, then I'm all for it. But even in that case there are a significant percentage of these monuments that have no historical significance, so if they are repurposed for education, what would they be teaching anyone? "This monument was built in the 1960s as a way to dominate public spaces with white influence and as a reminder to all minorities who is boss." If that is the only historical or educational significance, then those citizens need to decide how much that significance is worth as it will come out of tax payer wallets.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 3:35:58 PM
Hope, I just wanted to add a bit to the idea that the statues don't need to be torn down, but can be "reused" for education. There is quite a lot of money involved in the process of repurposing these monuments. From the logistics of trying to move it without damage, to creating and maintaining a new space for it, to ensuring that the message is valid and communicated in a way that cannot be usurped or destroyed. Previous attempts have met with limited success, some have simply been moved to other public places without any change in the message. Some have been moved and an educational message given, but have been vandalized to the point that they were eventually taken down. The amount of money and logistics required to repurpose these monuments is many times the cost of tearing them down. These kinds of monuments have been removed since they began going up decades ago.

Another thing that needs to be acknowledged is that the majority of these monuments were not put in place for historical or educational reasons, but as symbols of power and dominance.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 3:21:12 PM
Are we all calling anarchists "alt-left" now? I just want to make sure I'm keeping up with the new lingo. If anarchists are not alt-left then alt-left does not exist except as an off the cuff desperate attempt at false equivalence.

In other words, it's made up.

Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 5:56:41 PM
The far right has been wetting themselves in anticipation of some sort of violent action for far too long. Their fictional 'alt-left' idiocy is yet another wet dream of theirs and the fact that the mainstream media has not called them out for this B.S. is just helping the right wing identify their scapegoat when they decide to pull the trigger (figuratively and literally).

The Redneck Revolt and antifa are non-violent, even though the Redneck Revolt have shown up to these shindigs well armed. Anarchists have always been opportunistic asshats whose only function is to break stuff and blame it on others.

Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 10:15:21 AM
TheParser wrote:
...with one side plotting with the media, academia, and the deep state to overthrow a duly elected president.

I think you are 8 years too late with this statement. If you had said it anytime between 2009 and 2016, it would have made sense.

Topic: Terror in Spain
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:21:39 PM
This is horrible.

Topic: Do you want to be on Trump's naughty list? All you have to do is visit one website.
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:58:51 PM
Apple and others have fought the FBI and other departments before and won. The DOJ will get raked through the coals here.

Topic: Do you want to be on Trump's naughty list? All you have to do is visit one website.
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:33:52 PM
philips daughter wrote:
Sad. Corveve

I suppose I'll be on their list! I hope so. If I have protested all of my adult life I want to be recognized for it.

Ya, that's how I've thought of it as well.

Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:14:45 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/17/anti-trump-site-us-government-surveillance

In an unprecedented and dangerous move, President Trump’s Justice Department is threatening to violate the 1st and 4th amendment rights of over a million people by issuing an overboard surveillance request aimed at identifying alleged anti-Trump protesters.

The Justice Department is demanding that web hosting provider DreamHost hand over, among many other things, 1.3 million IP addresses – essentially everyone who has ever visited an anti-Trump protest site called disruptj20.org that was organizing protests surrounding Trump inauguration in January.

There is no logical, legal or moral reason for this action. It is simply the work of angry, insecure, sad little men with an abundance of power and very little responsibility who are going to find everyone who disagrees with them and "make them pay".

Topic: A revelation - Remember the Alamo!
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:03:49 AM
TheParser wrote:
As one Mexican-American politician once said: "If you don't like the change, leave!"

And they are not only correct, but they are following what the White Supremacists have been saying for years.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.