Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,294
[0.16% of all post / 2.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Exeter school’s uniform resolve melts after boys’ skirt protest
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 2:29:30 PM
Hi Romany.
Universal tartans can be used by anyone without being culturally insensitive, however, clan tartans can be worn by anyone. If I were to wear the plaid, I'd choose one of the universal colors.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 4:24:55 PM
I like mine because it is extremely comfortable when I'm in my workshop, but also because they are very durable. I'll go through several pair of jeans before one kilt becomes worn out.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Topic: London Terrotist attack
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 4:19:59 PM
Hope. I do agree, but I don't see this as a Catch-22, but more of a matter of scale. The public should be made aware when bungholes produce moral and mental flatulence, however, it does not need to be repeated ad nauseam by every person with a facebook, instagram, twitter, etc. account. It's quite simply the tens of millions of people out there who feel the desperate need to regurgitate rather than produce anything original or of substance who are giving the morally retarded their 15 minutes of fame.

Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 12:14:27 PM
Thanks Drago. I wasn't aware that the more traditional kilt was flat in front, mine has a narrower flat front and is more of a distant cousin to the Scottish kilt.
http://www.utilikilts.com/accessories/switchback/the-workman-switchback.html

Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 12:06:23 PM
Hell, I wear a kilt so they must be de rigueur everywhere by now. I'm definitely not fashion forward.

Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 10:30:11 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/jun/23/exeter-schools-uniform-resolve-melts-after-boys-skirt-protest

A heat wave has brought school uniforms to the fore in the UK and in this particular situation, they have come up with a way around the requirements. The boys at Isca academy in Devon have decided to start wearing skirts in protest to the school policy of no shorts allowed.

My one question (no sarcasm here) is this:

Isn't this called a kilt? If not, then couldn't they wear kilts and "problem solved"?

Topic: London Terrotist attack
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 8:40:11 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
But it's not NEWS - she does not deserve to have her ideas promoted by allowing her to repeat them a million times on the internet. She's not worth the time and 'agro' she tries to cause.
...They are vampires - the more attention they are given, the stronger they feel.

And social media is the most valuable tool they have. People will post videos, pictures and articles hundreds of thousands of times over to try to shame these people into submission, when it quite simply does the opposite. They then attract others like them who re-enforce their views and concentrate and magnify them.

Topic: Witch hunt irony!
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:18:58 PM
@Wilmar. I agree with Andrew and I certainly hope that post was supposed to be satire.

Topic: To the Government of the United States of America.
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 4:18:10 PM
Yarin wrote:
progpen wrote:

but could not have done it alone or in a vacuum.

Yes, not only the US there are Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, France United Kingdom and others. But those are just puppets of the US. They would do nothing like that without the US permission. To play the card of using such dangerous terrorist organisations, like ISIS, against Syria and its people is not a thing that those puppets would do by themselves.

If it were only that simple. But it is not. They are all sovereign nations and all the talk of puppets is just lazy. Each of those countries have their own agenda and their own motivations.

Topic: To the Government of the United States of America.
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 7:39:45 AM
Verge. Just from previous conversations, we've seen that there are quite a few on this forum who believe the war in Syria needs to stop ASAP. However, trying to pin everything on one country does no one any favors. We do understand that the US has played an integral part in starting and in continuing the war, but could not have done it alone or in a vacuum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.