Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 64
[0.01% of all post / 0.06 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: the mind's ear
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:48:29 AM
This reminds me of an "ear-worm", (when you can't get a song out of your head.)
Topic: Dr. Henry Faulds (1843)
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2018 9:55:03 AM
This man saved my life. I had surgery when I was three years old. Before proper sanitization techniques, my odds of survival would have been pretty close to zero. Somewhat belatedly, let me say thank-you, Dr. Lister.
Topic: There is one insuperable obstacle to a belief in ghosts. A ghost never comes naked: he appears either in a winding-sheet or...
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 4:05:50 PM
If I were a ghost, wouldn't I have the ability to project whatever image I wanted to project?
Topic: Lion-Baiting
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2018 10:25:04 AM
Gross!
Topic: Canada Adopts Maple Leaf Flag (1965)
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:11:32 AM
As I recall, the Liberal government under Lester B. Pearson, as Prime Minister, had the majority. The Liberal Party's colours are red. The Progressive Conservative party at the time, had blue as their party colour. (The opposite of the US parties' colours.) So, naturally, they dropped the colour blue from the national flag. I like the flag but I don't like the politics that seemed to be behind the choice at the time. I heard one person call it, "Pearson's underwear." (Not me, just FYI)
Topic: Fat Tax
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:10:14 AM
In Ketosis, one burns fat for fuel and insulin is not required. Many people have beat type II DB by switching. I eat mostly fat and I have lost about 40 lbs since I switched over. I don't care if you believe me or not but I smile whenever I walk past a mirror now.
Topic: loose lip(s)
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:53:08 AM
Commonly heard during WWII: "Loose lips sink ships!"
Topic: It is true we love life; not because we are wont to live, but because we are wont to love.
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2018 6:00:29 AM
I've noticed that the Wiki link doesn't work sometimes because of the order use in the name of the person. Example: Surname, first name and then middle name is not how Wiki lists them. They use First name, middle name, Surname - in that order. Just a note to linkers, to be aware of that situation.
Topic: Quoi ma gueule?
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:16:02 PM
When we were kids, we played a game called "Tappe dans las geule" (not sure of spelling - that's why I'm here.) My sister would grab my wrist and told me to leave it loose. She would then wave my hand (resting elbow on table) back and forth saying, "Molley, molley, molley, molley...tappe dans la geule." (Working on old memories here.) Having been fooled once, I didn't play that game much - except to pull the same prank on someone else.
Topic: in bits and pieces
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 9:47:37 AM
The Dave Clark Five, as I recall, had a song called "Bits and Pieces".

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.