Statistics
Number of Posts: 547
[0.07% of all post / 0.25 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Chemical solution
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:20:12 AM
thar wrote:
I don't get you.Think
What is changing in the solution? What is the difference between 'fresh' and 'before draining?' Does it degrade over time? Just with time, or with contamination from other wafers?

What is your 'control'?

Hi Thar,
I'll try to be clearer (it's quite difficult for me as well to explain it in English): "fresh" solution: the chemical bath has just been prepared, so lot #1 is the first lot to be plunged in. "before draining": the chemical bath has been used a few/several times and has degraded over time, so I'm immersing lot #5 to see whether the bath is still effective before preparing it anew. "Control group": this is a definition for a lot that has been processed with a standard process. Actually, it is not me processing the lots, I'm just the failure analysis tech who's carrying out the analysis on the lots; I tried to get the information from the engineers, but it seems they have no clue about the right translation. Since I have to write an analysis report, I need to define the process steps, focusing on the chemical solution.

Thanks

Sarah

Death is the ultimate dream
Topic: Chemical solution
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:34:37 AM
Good morning,
I'm processing three groups of Silicon wafers in a chemical solution (bath) at different times. One lot was immersed in the fresh solution, the second one was plunged before draining the solution, the third one was the control group. I need to name the single process steps in my analysis report. Could you please help me out?

Thanks a lot,

Sarah

Topic: the bassist from The Lemonheads
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:33:01 AM
Hi guys,
just one thing:

The Lemonheads were an alternative rock band, not a metal band.

Topic: Translation for a play - English to Italian
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2015 2:42:47 AM
spanishfly wrote:
Hello

I'm writing a short play locally and some parts of it needed to be in Italian.

After extracting the parts that needs to be translated, it's only about 370 words - let me know if someone has some time and would like to help.

spanishfly

Hi Fly,
I can have a try and take a look at it during the weekend.

Ciao

Topic: on the one hand
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 9:45:39 AM
Carmenex wrote:
Hi guys, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following sentences: In contrast, the virtual coincidence between the Tc of MgB2+16 wt% SiO2 and MgB2+2 wt% C+16 wt% SiO2 and that of undoped MgB2 on the one hand confirms the virtual absence of carbon incorporated into the MgB2 lattice for/(with regard to) the MgB2+2 wt% C+16 wt% SiO2 sample, as suggested by the XRD data. On the other hand/Furthermore, it suggests that silica behaves differently from carbon, in that it does not substitute B in the boron honeycomb layers, hence it does not provide impurity scattering of charge carriers, which (is it clear that which is referred to impurity scattering?) leads to a decrease of Tc.

Hi Carmen,
I've just finished my weekly English lesson with the same question: is "one the one hand" right? Shouldn't we say "on one hand" instead? The teacher told me that the first one, with "the" is more natural, because "one hand" is countable, so it needs an article before.

As far as your last question, I would rather say "hence it does not provide impurity scattering of charge carriers leading to a decrease of Tc".

Bye

Sarah

Topic: racked up a $908 Uber
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2015 5:50:15 AM
Wordsworth wrote:
Uber is a mobile app based cab service as explained by others here. Surge pricing is a method of increasing fares when there is a higher demand for cabs. Uber notoriously charged a minimum fare of A$100 at the peak of the Sydney hostage crisis. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sydney-hostage-standoff/ubers-surge-pricing-near-siege-sydney-sparks-outrage-n268371

As Thar has mentioned, Uber faces complaints and lawsuits in various parts of the world and has been partially or entirely banned in several countries and cities including France, New Delhi, New York City, Spain and China.

As far as France is concerned, Uber is not being banned, but further limited in the upcoming months.
I'd like to point out that I've used Uber three or four times so far, and I can't complain about anything, let alone the much more competitive fares compared to council cabs service. Many Uber drivers, at least here, are people who applied for it as a second (or main) job, and due to the high unemployment rates, I won't blame either Uber company or employees for unfair competition, as all council cab drivers do here. The main reason for which they complain is they paid their licence up to 300,000 euros; but none of them is saying that licences were given by the Government for free at the very beginning, and then retiring cab drivers started selling their own ones at a great deal; that caused a vicious circle lasting up to present.

P.S. Please, feel free to correct grammar/syntax/vocabulary... I feel there's something wrong in it.

Topic: Je suis CHarlie.
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2015 3:03:11 AM
Roger,
As far as I know, the news has spread around since Monday, it's the talk of these days... sadly.

Topic: racked up a $908 Uber
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2015 2:39:24 AM
Hi,
As Thar said, Uber is a cab service working through an app you download on your mobile phone; firstly, you must register on their website, then you can use it whenever you need it just by clicking the app and giving the coordinates of your trip; i.e., you have to go from A to B: you digit your destination on your phone and see how many Uber drivers are driving nearby (they have no permission to stop and wait for the customers, at least here in Italy), you call the nearest one, then the app calculates the total fare for your trip, so no extra charge is applied, unless you suddenly change your mind and tell the guy to drive you to the moon and back... The partygoer probably picked up the wrong guy.

Topic: Abandoning doubt in Sedona
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 5:28:03 PM
Romany wrote:
Gawd! How daft am I?

Never mind, Sarah. As you were: I simply wasn't using all my faculties when I asked that last question. I blush in embarrassment.

Well, I meanly used the article's title as a bait Whistle Whistle

I guess that paying 90 dollars to point laser guns at the sky in the middle of nowhere really makes you abandon any doubt...

Topic: Abandoning doubt in Sedona
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 9:21:09 AM
Hi Romany, thanks for the useful explanation.

Ham-radio users remind me of some people here - mostly truck drivers - who used to communicate through portable walkie-talkies with super long antennas, before all this Internet-smartphone-social networks' craze started.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.