Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,063
[0.22% of all post / 1.49 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Get in close
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 4:17:20 PM
Please, I can't think of a single thing that we will ever need to say "we got to".

...we need to get in close.
...we need to get close.
...we need to get close to him.
...we need to get closer.

Topic: born in the purple
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 9:36:29 AM
born in the purple — Born into royalty. Purple is a color traditionally associated with royalty.
Topic: Hola Mohalla
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 9:34:11 AM
Hola Mohalla is a three-day Sikh festival celebrated in Anandpur Sahib, Punjab, India, on the day after Holi, the colorful water-tossing springtime festival. Mock battles with ancient weapons are staged, and there are also exhibitions of traditional martial arts like archery and fencing. The important Sikh prophet, Guru Gobind Singh, started this fair sometime between 1680 and 1700.
Topic: Marcel Marceau (1923)
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 9:29:11 AM
A mime. Boo.
Topic: Clint Malarchuk's Carotid Artery Slashed during Ice Hockey Game (1989)
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 9:27:35 AM
Gross. I couldn't get thru the article.
Topic: Trypanophobia
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 9:26:16 AM
I have it.
Topic: first-class
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 9:09:26 AM
Definition: (adjective) Very good; of the highest quality.
Synonyms: excellent, fantabulous, splendid
Usage: The power of the lantern seemed increased a hundredfold, like a lamp through the lenticular plates of a first-class lighthouse.
Topic: Will like
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:05:40 PM
I don't know where this statement comes from, or if it is a practice sentence being written now.

However, I would like to point out that you can only apologize for your own actions. You do not apologize for the interpretations of your actions by others. In other words, you apologize for what you did -- NOT for the misinterpretation of your actions by others -- that is scapegoating the issue, and is no apology, at all. I realize this does not answer the question presented.

We would like to apologize for our poor choice of words when describing the incident this afternoon. And so on...

We would like to apologize for misleading the media this morning regarding the incident at the chemical plant. We did not include information that was important in providing an accurate picture of the severity of the problem. (I have no idea -- I don't work at a chemical plant.)
Topic: bone-idle
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:55:45 AM
Daisy's husband was bone-idle. He didn't deny it.
Topic: Phagwa
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:53:08 AM
Band competitions, similar to those held at Carnival ( see Trinidad and Tobago Carnival), are held at several locations throughout the island. There are also reenactments of the legend of Holika, complete with oriental costumes, crowns, jewelry, and flowers.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.