User Name: Gestan
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.00% of all post / 0.11 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: All truly great art is optimistic. The individual artist is happy in his creative work. The fact that practically all great...
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 2:01:58 PM
All truly great art is optimistic. The individual artist is happy in his creative work. The fact that practically all great art is tragic does not in any way change the above thesis.

Upton Sinclair (1878-1968)
Topic: But curb thou the high spirit in thy breast, for gentle ways are best, and keep aloof from sharp contentions.
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 12:40:25 PM
But curb thou the high spirit in thy breast, for gentle ways are best, and keep aloof from sharp contentions.

Homer (900 BC-800 BC)
Topic: We are, and must be, one and all, burdened with faults in this world: but the time will soon come when, I trust, we shall put...
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:06:26 AM
We are, and must be, one and all, burdened with faults in this world: but the time will soon come when, I trust, we shall put them off in putting off our corruptible bodies; when debasement and sin will fall from us with this cumbrous frame of flesh, and only the spark of the spirit will remain.

Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855)
Topic: He is the true enchanter, whose spell operates, not upon the senses, but upon the imagination and the heart.
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 4:21:34 AM
He is the true enchanter, whose spell operates, not upon the senses, but upon the imagination and the heart.

Washington Irving (1783-1859)
Topic: In many ways doth the full heart reveal
The presence of the love it would conceal.

Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 11:42:03 AM
In many ways doth the full heart reveal
The presence of the love it would conceal.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)
Topic: A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every...
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:52:09 PM
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.

Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
Topic: You had no right to be born; for you make no use of life. Instead of living for, in, and with yourself, as a reasonable being...
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:26:47 AM
You had no right to be born; for you make no use of life. Instead of living for, in, and with yourself, as a reasonable being ought, you seek only to fasten your feebleness on some other person's strength.

Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855)
Topic: People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the...
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:01:55 AM
People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained.

Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)
Topic: All violence, all that is dreary and repels, is not power, but the absence of power.
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 12:00:31 PM
All violence, all that is dreary and repels, is not power, but the absence of power.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
Topic: Believe there is a great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest.
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 11:19:57 AM
Believe there is a great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest.

Beatrix Potter (1866-1943)

For me It's by polar thing.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.