The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: Hope123
About
User Name: Hope123
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Learning and Education, Art, Travel, Health, Swimming, Duplicate Bridge
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6,944
[0.82% of all post / 7.37 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Las Vegas
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:15:31 PM
A couple of interesting facts about the term witch hunt:

I checked to see why a male is called a witch. Apparently Weinstein could NOW be called a warlock. Whistle He has been removed from the Academy. Now the Academy has to decide what to do with others such as Bill Cosby.

To call a male witch, a warlock is highly offensive. A warlock is a witch, male, or female who has been locked out of his or her coven, and the members of the group have turned their backs on the individual labeled as a warlock, because they feel that their tradition, or the craft was in someway betrayed.

That "warlock hunt" should have happened many years ago. I was shocked to hear Hitchcock allegedly would be in a similar category, as would other powerful men in many industries and workplaces.

The hashtag #metoo is turning up many women who have just kept quiet and the percentage of females who have been harassed or attacked is growing.

Equality is when you see a person - not a label.
Topic: Las Vegas
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:13:59 PM
Weinstein himself has admitted it. It is no "witch hunt".

He tried to call it "sex addiction" - it is about POWER, not sex.

Males (or females) who consider Weinstein's employment demise a witch hunt and are sympathetic with him either don't know the whole story or are in agreement with his actions.

To add to the story, an Italian actress came forward about Weinstein too. An Italian politician said, "She should just have said, 'No'. An Italian newspaper headlined "First they put out, then they whine".

Amazing all this s**t is still happening in 2017!

Topic: My ANECDOTE of the day
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:42:23 AM
Left vs Right Brain - first video ties in with four steaks. Your laughs for the day. For the record, my husband (who is left brain) does 95% of our shopping.

Jeanne Robertson is hilarious. I posted a thread a while ago by her "Don't Bungee Jump Naked". The thread is in K & C entitled "This One's For the Old Folks"

https://youtu.be/-YFRUSTiFUs

https://youtu.be/8k0kQ3oATy0

Topic: Poor Lady
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:16:33 PM
Tov, it's hard when animals and people co-exist as to what to do and when. People do have to be careful. Poor woman wandered off. What horror she must have felt!

I can't relate to crocs but we have bears north and west and brazen coyotes running around right here in the city. One followed my friend home and she had a big husky dog with her.

We did have some huge resident alligators in the man-made lakes (ponds) in Stuart, Florida. They didn't bother us as long as we kept our distance - but don't let dogs or children wander too closely. We watched one huge one, who sunned himself/herself across the pond. And in mating season, he/she was joined by a mate just as big but was soon gone again. They too would have been old.

I read about gator hunters catching one in Stuart that was 13 feet which is about 4 metres. They figured it weighed about 750 lbs. (340 kg) but the scale only went to 650 lbs.

Topic: Tragically Hip's Gord Downie RIP - 1964 - 2017
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:21:46 AM
Gord Downie was a Canadian icon and legend. The music world won't be the same and neither will Canada without him. He was only 53 years old - a good man who died too soon. He loved Canada and worked toward it becoming a better place. He received the Order of Canada in June, 2017. We knew it was coming but the shock is still there. RIP Gord Downie.

https://youtu.be/YgGxDHiUR50

An emotional Trudeau reacts to his death in the short video.

Topic: Association game
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:31:05 PM
finances

Topic: A and Q
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:29:55 PM
I don't believe it. What did you say, Kunstniete?

Reading is fun.

Topic: Association from the last letter
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:24:32 PM
regulate

Topic: double consonant game.
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:22:09 PM
aberrant

Topic: Non-association Game
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:18:31 PM
highway

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.