The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: Magnus v G
About
User Name: Magnus v G
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Dress as an umpa lumpa, I also enjoy doing the horizontal with plastic sheep
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 185
[0.02% of all post / 0.25 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Words within words error
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 10:48:05 AM
I just played the following game, where I entered the source word:

"PURSUER
Found 38 words of 39

● ERR● ERRS● PER● PES● PURE● PURER● PURR● PURRS● PURSE● PURSER● PURSUE● PUS● REP● REPS● RES● RUE● RUER● RUERS● RUES● RUSE● SER● SPRUE● SPUE● SPUR● SUE● SUER● SUP● SUPER● SURE● SURER● UPS● URP● URPS● URUS● USE● USER● USURER● USURP● USURPER"

Notice how "PURSUER" isn't listed. Either the total no. of possible words should be listed as 40, with "PURSUER" listed, or it should say that the no. of words found is 37 with the source word never being admissible.
Topic: Longer Log-in time issue
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:08:53 AM
It logged in in just a few seconds a bit earlier today (current log-in).
Topic: Why can't I get badges these days?
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:06:40 AM
Yes, and a lot of words only have one or a few dictionary definition(s). Looking up a word in the dictionary counts as having read an "article" as well.
Topic: How To Scroll Down?
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:55:21 AM
It works for me. Either it has to do with my browser, or the bug has been fixed now,
Topic: Words within words error
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:51:10 AM
I've noticed that the listed word in each game - from which the player derives words - is admissible itself, yet doesn't turn up in the list of words below the box! So in the "HASHISH" game mentioned by MelissaMe above, the last word is probably "HASHISH" itself! That is if this error existed already back in the fall of 2015.

Maybe this error has been mentioned before, I admittedly didn't feel like checking all seven thread pages. If it has, it obviously needs to be brought back to the admins' attention again anyway.
Topic: WordHub Error
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2017 11:13:34 AM
Audiendus wrote:
Magnus von Gegerfelt wrote:
It doesn't make sense... speaking of which, the word "sense" isn't playable in the rounds where the 7-letter word is "seances".

NECESSITY won't accept "sense" either.

Necessity is more than 7 letters. Do you mean in Words Within Words? If so, you can report the error in the following thread, which is for WWW:

http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst62265_Words-within-words-error.aspx
Topic: WordHub Error
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2017 9:22:22 AM
NeuroticHellFem wrote:
They've taken the piss too it seems. Piss used to be a game word, I've just played the 7 letter word RAPISTS & it won't accept PISS! I know which word I find more offensive! Anxious

I agree. It's not as if "piss" is swearing/blasphemy and was thereby automatically removed. Why choose to remove "piss", but keep "rapist", "rape" and "rapes" in the game?

It doesn't make sense... speaking of which, the word "sense" isn't playable in the rounds where the 7-letter word is "seances".
Topic: Word Hub website
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 4:28:14 AM
I still can't log in to the website either. It's too late now to play the last round... it expired. I'm glad that it was a draw though. If I had lost due to this, I don't know how many rating points I would've lost... it would've been a lot.

The thing is that when the games have become bugged in the past in the app, they haven't been affected www, which is why it was "important" that I could log in to my WordHub account that way instead. I hope you fix these two issues mentioned in this thread so that Noé can log in now at last and so that these predicaments hopefully don't reoccur.

My opponent has two thousand two-hundred something in rating whereas I have two thousand seven hundred so a defeat would've been quite huge for my part.
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 4:38:37 AM
Note: I think my problems with logging in to WordHub might have to do with too many failed log-in attenpts at the TFD website yesterday. I finally managed to log-in but now, whenever I enter my e-mail address with a small "s" at the start, instead of a big one, it get a message that goes along the lines with "Too many failed log-in attempts" (my e-mail, "schtemmer[...]" does start with a small "s" but I suppose one always has to start with an uppercase letter in order to to log-in).

I've gotten a message from my WordHub app that my game expires in 24 hours. I click on the play buttons/links that come up with the message, but the same things happens as when I click on the ordinary play buttons.

Please fix this!

Also, could you please make it possible to log in with a lowercase letter at the start in the username field?
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 5:49:20 PM
I can't log in to my WordHub account but I don't get an error message though. There's a bug with the app which occurs rather rarely, where I get ejected from the game right when I'm about to start a round and end up on my device's home screen. When this bug happens, it is stuck with that particular match in the app - doesn't matter how many times I try to open the round.

For that reason, I tried to play via the website today, so that I could finish the "jinxed"/bugged match, but now it looks like I'll lose automatically through walk-over since I can't play it either way. This is frustrating! I had a very good chance of winning, I was in the lead. The opponent is ranked a lot lower than me so I'll probably lose a lot in rating and perhaps rank as well.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.