The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: Magnus v G
About
User Name: Magnus v G
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Dress as an umpa lumpa, I also enjoy doing the horizontal with plastic sheep
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 189
[0.02% of all post / 0.23 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: WirdHub - blank spaces and 21 points for 7-letter word
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:57:22 AM
Hello everybody!

I played a round yesterday on the WordHub website. The 7-letter word there was "selfies", which my opponent entered (and I tried to, but it didn't work). One of the strange things about this round is that my opponent got 21 points for the word! Also, there were eight circles during the round, instead of the ordinary 7. However, one of the circles was empty and when I clicked on it, I got a blank space!

I played via the website again a bit later but got normal rounds.

Anyone else encountered one of these mysterious rounds?

Nb: I checked the help section but it still only mentioned 13 points as the maximum no. you can get.
Topic: Sending a message using Wordhub game app
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:41:21 AM
Marek Guman wrote:
Hello, I am sure everybody playing Wordhub game got an idea of sending some message to some players, maybe the ones you play very often with, or which are similarly strong etc. But the idea is forgotten in the heat of a battle. Believe it or not it did happen to me today. I played with a quite strong player with a rating of 2250 (mine is around 2650), I won first two rounds like 220/120 and 120/60. There was a third round with letters SMOLDER, in which I scored 258 points, and the opponent wrote just one three letters word "sod" for two points. I am not complaining in any way, but yeah, so much for sending a message to your opponent. Think Brick wall

Haha, that's funny. Nice to see you on the forums Marek!

It was probably a very annoyed opponent. I've gotten a little annoyed at you I suppose, but only because i've thought I had a good chance of winning and as you know, you usually do the winning. I think you might be one of the players with a "deceptible" rating which understates how good of a player you actually are, like Ramaesilva, SusanaYJorge, MillsFamily or perhaps missdupre (I really try to avoid missdupre by the way) juist to name a few other examples. I don't think you're a sod though!

I've never thought of sending messages within the game myself. I'm too much of a serious player, trying to play as well as possible - even when I know I'll lose. Not that much of a point trying to play well then, I know.
Topic: to be devastated
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:23:48 AM
luckyguy wrote:
My friends and I asked our other friend about how he felt when his dog passed away last week.

He said, "I am devastated."

Is it correct to say "devastated" meaning sad? Thanks.

If he's very sad, yes. Though it might seem strange or exaggerated to use this word in this context, it is very common and perfectly fine to do so.
Topic: Incorrect time attached to WordHub matches in the app
Posted: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 2:21:09 AM
Thank you for responding to this issue. 🙄
Topic: Words within words error
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 10:48:05 AM
I just played the following game, where I entered the source word:

"PURSUER
Found 38 words of 39

● ERR● ERRS● PER● PES● PURE● PURER● PURR● PURRS● PURSE● PURSER● PURSUE● PUS● REP● REPS● RES● RUE● RUER● RUERS● RUES● RUSE● SER● SPRUE● SPUE● SPUR● SUE● SUER● SUP● SUPER● SURE● SURER● UPS● URP● URPS● URUS● USE● USER● USURER● USURP● USURPER"

Notice how "PURSUER" isn't listed. Either the total no. of possible words should be listed as 40, with "PURSUER" listed, or it should say that the no. of words found is 37 with the source word never being admissible.
Topic: Longer Log-in time issue
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:08:53 AM
It logged in in just a few seconds a bit earlier today (current log-in).
Topic: Why can't I get badges these days?
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:06:40 AM
Yes, and a lot of words only have one or a few dictionary definition(s). Looking up a word in the dictionary counts as having read an "article" as well.
Topic: How To Scroll Down?
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:55:21 AM
It works for me. Either it has to do with my browser, or the bug has been fixed now,
Topic: Words within words error
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:51:10 AM
I've noticed that the listed word in each game - from which the player derives words - is admissible itself, yet doesn't turn up in the list of words below the box! So in the "HASHISH" game mentioned by MelissaMe above, the last word is probably "HASHISH" itself! That is if this error existed already back in the fall of 2015.

Maybe this error has been mentioned before, I admittedly didn't feel like checking all seven thread pages. If it has, it obviously needs to be brought back to the admins' attention again anyway.
Topic: WordHub Error
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2017 11:13:34 AM
Audiendus wrote:
Magnus von Gegerfelt wrote:
It doesn't make sense... speaking of which, the word "sense" isn't playable in the rounds where the 7-letter word is "seances".

NECESSITY won't accept "sense" either.

Necessity is more than 7 letters. Do you mean in Words Within Words? If so, you can report the error in the following thread, which is for WWW:

http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst62265_Words-within-words-error.aspx

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.