The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: Magnus v G
About
User Name: Magnus v G
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Dress as an umpa lumpa, I also enjoy doing the horizontal with plastic sheep
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 198
[0.02% of all post / 0.15 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Searching "Site Features" & Neurons v Post
Posted: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:43:44 AM
You can use Google to search for relevant pages from specific sites only by using the format seen here: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ei=v6z5WeT2K-ag6AT5kq34Cw&q=Adventist+site%3Aforum.thefreedictionary.com&oq=Adventist+site%3Athefreedictionary.forum.com (just change the search word(s) to something relevant to what you're looking for).
Topic: No "sense"
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:41:14 AM
TFD wrote:
Thank you. We are aware of this issue and will add it to the list in the next update.

That's good to hear! It's annoying when the game doesn't accept such a common word. Will you also sort out the other omissions etc. that have been awaiting a fix for so long, such as those on this thread with more Word Hub omissions etc.? Neurotic has a list which has grown very long...
Topic: Logging in
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:29:38 AM
Sangwon Lee wrote:
When I log in with same account at another device, could I still use it?

Yes, but you don't remain logged in anymore at wherever you logged in last. At least, one has to log back in at the iOS app if you've logged in at the website/www after you last used the app and wants to use TFD that way again,
Topic: arrgh w-w glitch is so frustrating!!!!!!
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:11:51 AM
Hi L.Rai!

Are you playing via the website or through the app? I'm playing via the app and don't remember ever having had this problem.

I'm sorry to hear about your nuisance. I would be annoyed or frustrated too.
Topic: word hub
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:05:24 AM
moabge wrote:
Hello,

As we know, the maximum number of letters in this game is seven, and each letter is contained in a circle; but in some cases there are eight circles and seven letters.
Is the eighth circle, bearing no letter, a kind of jolly? Does somebody know how to use it?

Thank you,
moabge

This sounds very much like an issue I encountered a while back and described at http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postsm980128_WirdHub---blank-spaces-and-21-points-for-7-letter-word.aspx#980128. Did you also get 21 points?
Topic: look for a dog to kick
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:53:41 AM
There are sadly dog kickers IRL. Dog-kickers ought to be kicking the bucket instead of hurting defenseless animals. Scum!
Topic: Archives Removed and No Longer Available.
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:46:05 AM
Anna B 1 wrote:
Hope123 wrote:
Where did you access these archives when they were there? I did not know of that feature.

“View Archive” is available at the top of the homepage. The link redirects you to the current Daily Content, but if you scroll to the bottom, there are available calendars for previous archives. They are still available but only to 2015. They used to reach 2011 which I’m assuming was the beginning of the site’s inception, but I am not entirely sure.

Hi Anna.

The site's been around since 2006 at least, but probably since 2004 or longer even. However, I don't know when the daily news feed started being archived. Maybe that was in 2011. Either way, it's a pity that 4 years are gone, I agree.
Topic: More Word Hub problems ...
Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2017 7:54:55 AM
Scrine is another word that isn't accepted.
Topic: My Word Hub Game is Frozen on Round 2
Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2017 7:47:09 AM
Hi Neurotic! Nice to see you're still playing! I've gotten hooked on Football Chairman and therefore doesn't play WordHub as much as I used to.

As for your dilemma in question. I suppose your game expired? I didn't see this thread until now (I only check the forums occasionally).

If it happens again, can't you download the app and try the round there? Sometimes I have a match which gets bugged, making the app crash everytime I try to play the next round. I then log onto the WH site and finish it there. It always works! So it appears that bugs aren't spread from one platform to the next.
Topic: WirdHub - blank spaces and 21 points for 7-letter word
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:57:22 AM
Hello everybody!

I played a round yesterday on the WordHub website. The 7-letter word there was "selfies", which my opponent entered (and I tried to, but it didn't work). One of the strange things about this round is that my opponent got 21 points for the word! Also, there were eight circles during the round, instead of the ordinary 7. However, one of the circles was empty and when I clicked on it, I got a blank space!

I played via the website again a bit later but got normal rounds.

Anyone else encountered one of these mysterious rounds?

Nb: I checked the help section but it still only mentioned 13 points as the maximum no. you can get.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.