Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: WirdHub - blank spaces and 21 points for 7-letter word
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:08:39 AM
Same here. I've seen 8 circles several times.
Never encountered the 21 points issue.
Topic: What about wordhub?
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:37:43 AM
App is working, if you need to save some games from going expired.

TFD homepage's "Play your friends head-to-head" links to this: http://wordhub.com/ ??
Topic: Best WordHub scores? :)
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:47:43 PM
Marek Guman wrote:
cool! mailers, reduces and carpets come to mind as rounds with the highest word count.

CARPETS?
Whoa, I've never had that game word. Sounds very promising.

SALTIER, DISRATE, TRANCES, NASTIER, REMAINS, TAGINES; are also not too bad for a wicked high score.
Topic: Best WordHub scores? :)
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:48:22 PM

Nice one!
I guess your opponent didn't play the last round, as the score wasn't added to your stats.

What was the game word in round 1?
Topic: Won two matches but got no rating points!
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 5:35:00 PM
Magnus von Gegerfelt wrote:
Thanks for displaying the chart papadaiw! This is interesting. Did you win by more points from the games that you gained more in rating from, as opposed to the games against opponents higher in rank, from who you gained less in rating by winning against? I mean, e g., in the lefternmost column, I see that you gained 16 in ranking after winning against an opponent with +97, but you got as much as 23 ranking points after playing someone who only had +91.

Originally I just wanted to create a table, by which I can predict how much my rating would grow or fall. Didn't expect those discrepancies would turn up at all. So I didn't record the overall or round points scored, only the changes in rating points and the opponent's name.

But, yes Magnus, I think what causes it, should be the performance shown in the game.

The Wordhub rating system is must be very similar to the one what is used in chess, the ELO system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
Check out the 3rd and 4th columns, I think it's quite pertinent to describe how Wordhub works.

It also says " The lower rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw".
Even if draw is nowhere as common in Wordhub as in chess, I had a few, and noticed the rating points change, in favour of the lower ranked player.

So I believe that it basically works like a tweaked ELO, and the extra modifier is how big the margin is, between the total scores. A low margin win gives the winner less points, a big difference in scores more, or something like that.
Topic: #WordHubWednesday - Top 10 Players
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 7:29:27 PM
Kaz. wrote:

I've never played mcmax, unfortunately. Against Victor, I am 3-2 he's extremely good >.< df2020 has tied me in a match but hasn't beaten me, although I have had very close matches against him/her. Ive never played against papadaiw. I'm scared to honestly. His high score is in the upper 1200 range. If anyone can beat Delon I know it's him!

You're on my previous opponents list Kaz, we might have played when you just started playing and it just went forgotten.
Don't get stressed about our game. When you are 100 points ahead of the second place soon, it won't matter the outcome, whatever it will be :)
Just take your time, and click on that challenge button one day, when you feel like it.
I will be ready Whistle

By the way, big congrats for getting to the top! All credit to you.
Topic: WordHub: The new word search app!
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 6:35:58 PM
Magnus von Gegerfelt wrote:
Judging from the screenshot, both of you were able to play the last round - none of you had to wait for the other to do so since you both had played the second round. Therefore, essentially (even if this wasn't intended), you had both given up... at least that's how I thought the game worked.

I second that

Admin posted the following months ago:

"In expired games, the users who have played fewer rounds are the losers, and their ratings decrease. The same thing happens for users who give up."
Topic: Won two matches but got no rating points!
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 6:31:50 PM

I used to record the difference between mine and my opponent's rating before and after the last round to get an idea about how the rating system works.

I collected loads of data, but it's a bit chaotic, so I've just played a little bit with excel and made up a table.
Hopefully it's clear and makes sense.

Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 8:31:49 AM
TFD wrote:
Kaz c: wrote:
So, my match with this guy ends in a draw yet I still lose points?

Please provide some more details so we can take a look.

Has this issue been fixed?
What should happen after a tie? No points exchange right?
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 12:55:18 PM
Hi Kaz!
You've come out of nowhere to storm the game. I've tried to challenge you multiple times, but you've blocked me, same as most of the top 25. Brick wall
Give me a game Kaz! Angel
[/quote]

But you'll beat me :c[/quote]
I lost, Congratulations Kaz: c! [/quote]

Hi Kaz,
Can you unblock me and give me a game too?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.