User Name: KSPavan
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 357
[0.04% of all post / 0.45 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The characteristic of coquettes is affectation governed by whim.
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:01:37 AM
Quotation of the Day

The characteristic of coquettes is affectation governed by whim.

Henry Fielding (1707-1754)
Topic: I call therefore a complete and generous education that which fits a man to perform justly, skillfully, and magnanimously all...
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:49:50 AM
Quotation of the Day

I call therefore a complete and generous education that which fits a man to perform justly, skillfully, and magnanimously all the offices, both private and public, of peace and war.

John Milton (1608-1674)
Topic: I desire no future that will break the ties of the past.
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:28:22 AM
Quotation of the Day

I desire no future that will break the ties of the past.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Topic: Sometimes people carry to such perfection the mask they have assumed that in due course they actually become the person they...
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 1:58:58 AM
Quotation of the Day

Sometimes people carry to such perfection the mask they have assumed that in due course they actually become the person they seem.

W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)
Topic: A woman's heart must be of such a size and no larger, else it must be pressed small, like Chinese feet; her happiness is to...
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 1:54:52 AM
Quotation of the Day

A woman's heart must be of such a size and no larger, else it must be pressed small, like Chinese feet; her happiness is to be made as cakes are, by a fixed recipe.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Topic: Masterpieces are not single and solitary births; they are the outcome of many years of thinking in common, of thinking by the...
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 2:21:22 AM
Quotation of the Day

Masterpieces are not single and solitary births; they are the outcome of many years of thinking in common, of thinking by the body of the people, so that the experience of the mass is behind the single voice.

Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)
Topic: Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 3:23:32 AM
Quotation of the Day

Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.

Agatha Christie (1890-1976)
Topic: Faith is believing what you know ain't so.
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:39:15 AM
Quotation of the Day

Faith is believing what you know ain't so.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Topic: In civilized life, where the happiness and indeed almost the existence of man, depends so much upon the opinion of his fellow...
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:34:48 AM
Quotation of the Day

In civilized life, where the happiness and indeed almost the existence of man, depends so much upon the opinion of his fellow men. He is constantly acting a studied part.

Washington Irving (1783-1859)
Topic: I hold every man a debtor to his profession; from the which as men of course do seek to receive countenance and profit, so...
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:12:27 AM
Quotation of the Day

I hold every man a debtor to his profession; from the which as men of course do seek to receive countenance and profit, so ought they of duty to endeavor themselves, by way of amends, to be a help and ornament thereunto.

Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.