Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Book Translation
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 3:01:00 AM
Ok! So in relation to what learntosay wrote. I found out a few things.
昭和二十八年 is a year, it's 1953.
宫柊二 is the author. Who's name is Miya Shuji.
And I found that 多く夜の歌 means "Many night of song".
Now my only issue is trying to find a trace of it online. :P
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 2:14:34 AM
learntosay wrote:
learntosay wrote:
昭和二十八年 may be the year the book published, which means 1954.
It is a collection of poems.
宫柊二 is the author.
The title 多く夜の歌 probably means "Many Poems of the Night" or "Poems of Many Nights".
I'm not so good at Japanese, so that's all I know.

Waiting for a better answer :)

In addition, the pronunciation of 宫 柊二 is Miya Juuji. 宫(Miya) is his family name.

That's actually a wonderful answer, thank you. I mean if there is a better one I'll take it. But that's still very helpful, thank you. :3
Topic: Translation
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 12:24:29 AM
Xinli Dai wrote:
Pinecampple wrote:
Angel Hello! Recently I received a book for the holidays and found that it's written in Chinese. I loved it for my collection of odd and old books, but sadly I do not speak Chinese. So I was wondering, and hoping, that someone could help me translate it, or at least bits of it, so that I knew a little more about it. Like when it may have been made, and what it might be about/who wrote it. I have a few pictures uploaded of it HERE.
It doesn't all need to be translated, I just gave a few pictures so anyone who wanted to give it a shot could have more than just one image.
I've been trying to get it translated for a bit now but to no avail, so any assistance by this point would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you in advance! Angel

That is actually japanese. I am a chinese person and know what the charecters look like.

Is it? Oh I'm very sorry. I'll move this to the proper forum. Thank you for telling me.
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 12:23:13 AM
Hello! During the holidays I received a book (Which I've discovered is Japanese Thanks to a person in the Chinese Forum) and was curious if I could get help with translating it. Merely just to know what it may be about, who it might be written by, and perhaps how old it is. I've uploaded some pictures of it below of said book. Any hep I can get at all with it would be fantastic. Thank you in advance! Angel

Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 9:25:03 PM
learntosay wrote:
I'd like to help but can't access the linked website...I'll try again later.
Or can you upload the image on somewhere else?

Oh! I'm sorry. Here I can upload them right here too. They were just sort of large. Let me scale 'em down a bit while I'm at it.

Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:51:12 PM
Please. Any translation will help.
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 10:04:14 PM
Angel Hello! Recently I received a book for the holidays and found that it's written in Chinese. I loved it for my collection of odd and old books, but sadly I do not speak Chinese. So I was wondering, and hoping, that someone could help me translate it, or at least bits of it, so that I knew a little more about it. Like when it may have been made, and what it might be about/who wrote it. I have a few pictures uploaded of it HERE.
It doesn't all need to be translated, I just gave a few pictures so anyone who wanted to give it a shot could have more than just one image.
I've been trying to get it translated for a bit now but to no avail, so any assistance by this point would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you in advance! Angel

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.