Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Repulseicans plan to kill medicare, social security and medicaid
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2018 3:02:38 PM
Very good point, DragonSpeaker!
Topic: Global Warming: A Refreshing Perspective
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2018 2:04:32 PM
In spite of his stellar activity, don't expect Dr. Michaels and his collaborators to be taken seriously in consideration by most of our media. At least, not now. As of today, he is a pariah in the eyes of the alarmists.
Topic: It's Later Than We Think
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2018 1:46:40 PM
Imagine......
A Science and Technology Forum where the posters spend their time writing about science and technology
- where the posters are not irremediably CONDITIONED in advance by the ominous media lurking behind almost every post
- where the posters, even if they subconsciously demonstrate a Pavlovian dog's reaction, consciously try to affirm their KNOWLEDGE
- and from where a reader can learn something more than petty quarrels.
Topic: Scottish Power will become 100% wind
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:09:35 PM
I'm anxious to see the consequences of the shift to total green power. They may be a harbinger for other countries' decisions. I hope the news will be very encouraging in the years to come, but I wonder what will be the financial price. I also can not grasp the technological aspects of the change. Good luck, Scotland!
Topic: It's Later Than We Think
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:49:56 PM
Ah! The sarcasm! The best friend of the ineptitude!
Topic: What Exactly Is Common Sense? We All Think We Have It.
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:30:52 PM
As I see, there's a confusion of meanings between "difference of opinion" and "squabble".
Too many of the postings on this forum are driven by their authors' attempt to make a point, mostly political or ideological. Now, there's nothing wrong with it, except that when they use innuendos, a foul language and a bullish attitude, I'd rather pass. I have enough of this circus in the media.
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:30:51 PM
As I see, there's a confusion of meanings between "difference of opinion" and "squabble".
Too many of the postings on this forum are driven by their authors' attempt to make a point, mostly political or ideological. Now, there's nothing wrong with it, except that when they use innuendos, a foul language and a bullish attitude, I'd rather pass. I have enough of this circus in the media.
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:25:27 PM

FounDit wrote:
“Common Sense” is nothing more than intelligence guided by experience.

A wise person can not express a deeper concept in fewer words.
An unwise one will flood the forum with divagations whose only purpose is to swagger and finding flaws in the definition (the definition is flawed mainly because it is not their).
Topic: Happy birthday
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:54:15 PM
In Romanian they say "La mulți ani!"
Topic: Price of gasoline
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 4:15:31 PM
Thank you Mr Progpen for your answer to my question. I was unaware of the numbers. However, under the table you provided with the link https://grist.org/energy-policy/2011-10-26-direct-subsidies-to-fossil-fuels-are-tip-of-melting-iceburg/ there is a paragraph which states the following:

Obviously fossil fuels have gotten the bulk of government help — 70 percent to renewables’ 10 percent, for a total of $594 billion in fossil-fuel subsidies over the last 60 years.

$594 billion divided by 60 years gives us an average of $9.9 billion/year, very far from $500 billion/year advanced in your letter. These subsidies applied to fossil fuels, not only to petrol/gasoline. Would it be possible that you made a miscalculation ? Or maybe I misunderstood ?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.