User Name: Ash_Lingua
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 57
[0.01% of all post / 0.07 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: There are good teachers and there are GOOD teachers.
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:04:26 PM
And of course, those rich people, they must have made plenty of cents!
Topic: There are good teachers and there are GOOD teachers.
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:03:39 PM
And of course, for the rich people, they must have made plenty of cents!
Topic: For Fair-minded readers: Were Donald Trump's offices wiretapped?
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 4:53:08 PM
Tuna, better quit while you're a head (sic), lest we think thou doth protest too much.

or not enough.

The clock strikes thirteen, I must to my bed, sometimes we err less, to think what lies unsaid.
Topic: under a decision rule of unanimity
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:24:18 PM
In project management, a decision rule of unanimity means that during the planning stage, you as a manager, perhaps in consultation with your management and other stakeholders in a project, select in advance the mechanism by which future decisions regarding a project will be made.

These mechanisms include, for example, simple majority, plurality, unanimity, or dictatorial.

Then, when multiple stakeholders with differing opinions have to come to a decision, the group already knows what constitutes the basis of a legitimate decision.

Topic: Computer MICE or MOUSES?
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:14:14 PM
Remember back in the dark ages of vacuum tubes and punch cards, computer mice could very well be literal and that on occasion actual the furry little critters would nest in the nice warm backs of those gigantic machines.

And then there were the legendary bugs...
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 11:47:08 AM
Perhaps I misunderstood TheParser; I took him to mean by 'evidence of absence', 'absence of wrongdoing' i.e.,
'absence of evidence' doesn't mean there is an absence of wrongdoing.

Otherwise, evidence of absence doesn't mean anything that I can unravel in a social/legal context. Of course, it has a significance in a scientific enquiry where direct evidence is often scant; then meaning has to be inferred from the secondary evidence, as in palaeontology or physical anthropology.

Parser?
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:10:36 PM
Please, sir, read President Trump's own words. He did not accuse 'Obama', or 'someone in Obama's administration', or 'Obama's people'. he quite clearly accused Obama, himself, and called him bad or sick.

Do you not hold people accountable for what they say, deliberately, in writing, (and without the excuse of misspoken words in haste that might be misinterpreted or taken out of context)?

Perhaps President Trump should check his facts instead of firing off tweets based on opinion pieces aired on Fox News and about which Fox's own news anchor, Shephard Smith responded: "Fox News cannot confirm Judge Napolitano’s commentary. Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now President of the United States was surveilled at any time, in any way, full stop”. When that accusation was flatly and fully denied not only by Obama but by every American intelligence agency that Obama could have used, President Trump turned to blaming British Intelligence. They rarely reply to this sort of thing, but this time they were outraged - not perhaps for being thought nefarious enough to interfere in an American election, but for being stupid enough to do so.

Yes, you are right, lack of evidence of a thing is not proof it did not happen.

However, accusing someone of a crime without a shred of proof, for political or any other gain, is called slander amd libel.

Topic: Good Jewish joke I read.
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:01:29 AM
my fav:

Job, an old man, goes to synagog and prays: Dear God, I just lost my job. Please help me, let me win the lottery". Job goes home. The next week, Job goes to synagog again. He wails: "Dear God, my house just burned down and we have nowhere to go. Please let me win the lottery". The next week, again Job goes. He begs: "Dear God, we couldn't afford health insurance and now my wife is sick and we can't afford the medicine. Please, I implore you, help me win the lottery". This continues week after week. Finally, on the sixth visit, Job begins to pray: "Dear God...
thunder peals and lightning splits the air. A Voice booms: "Job, for Heaven's sake, buy a goddamn ticket!"
Topic: I would appreciate it if you gave/could give me an answer.
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2017 3:21:05 PM
The form needs to include the word "it" - I would appreciate it if..."
Topic: Do You Know of Places with Funny Names?(22)
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 7:15:48 AM
Well, I grew up in a town east of the Sierras in the SF bay area that was called Slusher's Gulch, since re-named to the more respectable Walnut Creek.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.