User Name: David Briggs
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 26
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Larry Bird (1956)
Posted: Saturday, December 7, 2019 10:53:38 AM
There were plenty of good players that year. Julius Erving also known as Dr. J. Also, Isaiah Thomas who was point guard for the Detroit Pistons. Patrick Ewing, man in the middle for the New York Knicks was a great defender and scorer. Dominique Wilkins who played for tha Atlanta Hawks is another powerful center. Think about players like Magic Johnson & James Worthy, two great guys for the L.A Lakers club. All of these men set the standard for today's superstars. Stars like the 76ers gaurd Allen Iverson; Orlando Magic has Penny Hardaway, an outstanding athelete. Gary Payton, LeBron James, & Kobe Bryant all are making waves these days. Basketball is an exciting sport. The game just keeps getting better each year.

Bird was an American basketball player. After spending most of his collegiate career at Indiana State University, he was drafted by the Boston Celtics in 1978 and became a perennial all-star. He led the Celtics to three championships and was named the league's most valuable player as many times. He retired after winning gold with the 1992 US Olympic "Dream Team." What future rival did Bird face in a college basketball championship game and then again in three professional championship series? http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Larry+Bird[/quote]
Topic: First Edition of the Los Angeles Times Is Published (1881)
Posted: Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:57:08 PM
Nineteen weeks.
Fourteen days.
Jacksonville Florida.
Atlantic ocean.
Jets.
Birds.
Ships.
Never assume.
Submarine.
Rectangle.
Circles.
Square.
Tradition.
Lincoln Navigator.
Sailors.
Soldiers.
Officers.

Topic: act of congress
Posted: Thursday, December 5, 2019 10:09:46 AM
Volleyball, soccer, tennis. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. Last night I rested well after a long work day. I am anxious for the weekend to come & I look forward to a new year. Time surely moves quickly and there's much to be done. Winter is my least favorite season. I yearn for warm sunny days. When I am not reading or writing I watch television. Yesterday I saw Sabrina the teenage witch on TV. Tom Cruise is a great actor and always delivers in Mission Impossible 2. Closer starring Natalie Portman should arrive in the mail today. I hope so. Ms. Portman is extra cute and charming. Working from home has clear advantages & is a bright spot.
Topic: St. Cecilia's Day
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 7:47:40 PM
My favorite holidays are Easter and New Years day. Veterans day is good because it is better to serve than to be served. Christmas is always a fun time. I still believe the story of Jesus and his message of life, peace and redemption. We believe Christ rose from the grave after 3 days, victorious. I make vows and promises each year to do better. The holiday.

According to her apocryphal acts, which date from the fifth century, http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Saint+Cecilia was a Roman from a noble family who was put to death for her Christian beliefs; how she became the patron saint of music and musicians is not exactly known. In 1683, a musical society was formed in London especially for the celebration of St. Cecilia's Day. It held a festival each year at which a special ode was sung. The poet http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/John+Dryden composed his "A Song for St. Cecilia's Day" in 1687 for this purpose. There are still many http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Choir and musical societies that bear her name today. http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/St.+Cecilia%27s+Day[/quote]
Topic: Juan Carlos I Becomes King of Spain (1975)
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 7:39:31 PM
The job of king is not an easy one. A good king learns from great teachers. The job requires deep understanding of government and politics. All men have opinions and deserve to be heard, yet the word of the king is final. Citizens should pray that a ruler is not greedy and lazy. A good king who is fair to the rich and poor alike. Taxes should not be extreme and subjects of a city must feel safe.

Juan Carlos was groomed for the role by his predecessor Francisco Franco, the Spanish leader who abolished the republic and declared Spain a representative monarchy. He acceded to the throne two days after Franco's death, becoming the first Spanish king since his grandfather was deposed in 1931. A popular monarch, he presided over Spain's transition to democracy and acted to maintain political stability. He competed in what Olympic event in 1972? http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Juan+Carlos+I+of+Spain[/quote]
Topic: against the collar
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 8:51:06 PM
Descendant. Falling up. The great collapse of debt. Wall street. Corporations and economic upheavals. A new version of Windows software is released each year. These tools make America great. Put people back to work. Music labels profit off of digital sales. It is a new day.
Topic: Send her back!
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 7:30:55 PM
The U.S.A will always be free for all people to live. Independence day. I am a real American. I was born here, went to school here & i paid taxes here just like everyone should. Our government is great because it supports all of it's people. We welcome all to come and enjoy life here. Friends with benefits.
Topic: The Book of Enoch
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:30:16 PM
The Bible speaks of many great leaders and prophets. The story of Noah is a classic one. Noah could not have been a Christian because Christ was not born yet. And Noah lived hundreds of years before Christ came to Earth. Noah believed in God the Father. Noah was known as the prophet who obeyed god. He did what he was told and didn't ask questions. His work saved the human race from extinction. Noah is remembered as a prophet, priest, hero & a man of great faith.
Topic: Spanish Treasure Fleet Sinks off Florida Coast in Hurricane (1715)
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:10:01 PM
To rejoice at the calamity and misfortune of others is not wise.
Topic: Everything is self-evident.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 1:18:57 PM
How deep is the ocean. Once i fell into deep waters. I could have drowned. My friend saw me andnrescued me. Lake Michigan is not as deep as the Atlantic ocean. I am an average swimmer and the ocean is no place to fool around. I have a deep awe and admiration for the sea. There is a spirituality about these waters i cannot explain.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.