Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 53
[0.01% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: It's can't be touch.
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:08:43 AM
Should probably read:

I downloaded a Balloon Pop game for him. (Balloon Pop modifying the noun "game".

The game was to pop the balloon. ("Out" is superfluous in this sentence)

There is a sun or moon on the right side that can't be touched. ("Touch" doesn't fit)

It can't be touched. (It's is a contraction for "it is" and would not make sense. Again, "touched" is proper and "touch" is not)

Fun, huh?

Topic: My political opinion of the day
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:49:20 AM
well done! Should be a model for others to follow!
Topic: Donald Trump is Aiding the Enemy
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2017 11:37:04 AM
If the posting and reposting of political opinion isn't soon halted on this website (which was never intended for this purpose), many...including myself...will opt out altogether. How sad!
Topic: President Trump's state visit to the United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 11:21:54 AM
...and I wonder if there is a more classless thing to say.
Topic: Do you understand "DOUBLE DOWN"?
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:07:39 AM
I like the term "redouble". Could mean quadruple but often only means to try harder when used with the word "effort". This is a fun exercise!
Topic: Prez Elect Trump
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 3:21:14 PM
He's been pretty good for Scotland!
Topic: Lyin' Trump loves his kids. His employee's children, not so much.
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2016 9:21:10 AM
Is this really the forum to trot out one stilted point of view of American politics? How about "NO!!"
Topic: Hand me the remote control.
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2015 10:54:45 AM
Frankly, "yes" they all convey the approximately same message to my ear. However, purists might feel a little differently. "hand me" seems to mean take it from your hand and place it in my hand. "pass me" could mean send it to me through a medium such as air or a third party...throw it to me. "give me" could mean turn over the management or ownership of the remote to me. These are subtle but might be helpful to differentiate.

Jim
Topic: I am going a diet.
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:57:59 AM
As used, the word "diet" is a noun and is used properly. It can also be used as a verb by saying "I am going to diet" meaning to change one's eating habits or regimen to lower fats or cholesterol or carbohydrates and sugars.

Does not the ear test words as the palate tastes food?
Job 12:11
Topic: A zillion dollars?
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 11:39:41 AM
While one could argue the points being made in the post, grammatically there are some improvements to be made: "The government (will be/ might be) broke (and) we will have the (world's) biggest recession. "we ever had" is redundant. The government is writing checks that (have) no backing, which confounds me greatly. Medicare and (Medicaid) (are) broke and common sense seems to be taking a nap. Do you folks understand what that can bring on when people start to believe it(?) Read the paper people(...)it cannot be all lies. Anarchy killing (might) now (be worse than) people with guns and baseball bats looking for food and money to buy (with) when (prices) (go) up thirty percent or more.

I can't/won't speak to the final couple of sentences but wish you well convincing folks of your thinking.

Jim

Does not the ear test words as the palate tastes food?
Job 12:11

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.