Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Je perds mon français
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 4:59:20 AM
Salut Brund,

J'ai un cas similaire, et je rebondis sur ce que SandraM a dit : avec un père français et une mère écossaise j'ai toujours jonglé entre les deux, et il m'arrive souvent de faire des anglicismes (et rarement des galicismes). Il est vrai que les deux langues sont différentes dans leur usage courant, leurs règles, leurs origines, etc.
Je comprends ta frustration parce que ça m'arrive de temps en temps de douter de mon français et ça m'énerve. Pour le coup, je te conseille de te replonger dans les livres et les films (les séries, bof), la langue se développe en s'y exposant quotidiennement, comme tu l'as fait au début :)
Topic: Sleep is the best cure for waking troubles.
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:20:19 PM
I might be reading this wrong, but this feels like it's about escaping from your problems through sleep. Plus, if you have sleeping problems, you're pretty much f*cked. Plus adversity builds character, so I'm not sleeping through this lesson.

Topic: Be good and you will be lonesome.
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2015 5:40:57 AM
Are we to assume that those who have people close to them - as in friends and/or family - aren't good people?
I think I understand this in the sense that there are few people who follow a pure, good path, so they end lonely on that path. On the other hand it is pretty hard to be wholesome, so I guess it's a question of choice: loneliness, one of humanity's worst affliction, or moral virtue?
Topic: Do not free a camel of the burden of his hump; you may be freeing him from being a camel.
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2015 6:03:17 PM
socratoad wrote:
Will that be one hump or two

One makes it a dromedary, two makes it a camel.
Topic: The artist produces for the liberation of his soul. It is his nature to create as it is the nature of water to run down hill.
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2014 12:15:05 PM
So how would we look at writer's block in this light, if artists create so naturally?
Topic: As you may or may not...?
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 3:18:12 PM
Hey hey everybody,

I had a little thought to myself recently. I was wondering if the term "as you may or may not know" is correct. Because while the first is correct, no doubt about it, but to say "as you may not know" seems a bit off to me. Am I the one who's crazy, or is this expression meant to be used as a whole, and not two distinct parts?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.