Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 4:46:02 AM
Why do managers spew such nonsense?
Topic: song title association
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 4:44:11 AM
If I Were a Rich Man - Roger Whittaker
Topic: Russia’s missile strikes Florida
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 2:40:04 AM
Helenej wrote:
... for eight days (!) no one has been interested in the topic ...

I beg to differ: I am very much interested in the topic and have been following the discussion every day. It's just that I don't think I have much to contribute to it. What do I know about the situation in Russia and Ukraine when all the information I get is filtered through most probably very biased media?
Topic: Donald J.Trump: Tough Guy Extraordinaire!
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 1:57:52 AM
hedy mmm wrote:
FYI ...Crime Prevention Research Center
Annual death rate from mass shootings per million people
Norway - 2.044
Macedonia - 0.377
Serbia - 0.283
Slovakia - 0.201
Finland - 0.142
Belgium - 0.138
Czech Republic - 0.133
United States - 0.095

If you look up the website you cited on mediabiasfactcheck.com, you'll find that it's extremely biased.
I quote: "The Crime Prevention Research Center is a nonprofit founded in 2013 by John Lott, author of the book “More Guns, Less Crime.” He is best known as an advocate in the gun rights debate, particularly his arguments against restrictions on owning and carrying guns. Lott’s work has been called “junk science” as he has been accused of accepting funding from the National Rifle Association. Lott denies this claim. Any claims made on this website need to be fact checked with credible sources."

Even if the numbers you quote are correct, they are based on a very short period, 2009-2015, in which one single mass shooting incident in Norway cost the lives of hundreds of people - causing these statistics to be anything but representative over a longer period of time.
Topic: song title association
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:46:55 AM
Moonlight Bay - The Beatles (and a bunch of other people too, including Doris Day and Bing Crosby, but it's the version by the Beatles I had in mind)
Topic: word association(Psychoanalysis)
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:59:44 AM
amanuensis
Topic: Fear mongering
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:30:41 AM
Listening . . . wrote:
progpen wrote:
So white middle class male Americans don't tell lies, they just tell truths that are not yet the truth and may never become the truth but are not yet lies. I'm thinking Shroedinger's cat would be able to figure this one out.

Prog,
For someone who doesn’t like racists and unequal treatment, you certainly seem to blast the white male.Shame on you

If a number of people who happen to be Muslims are terrorists, does that give people the right to label all Muslims as terrorists? If yes, then a number of white males lying through their teeth also gives people the right to call all white males liars.

Generalizations are never a good thing, about any group of the population, because they are at the root of racism, sexism, and other such unpleasant -isms. My guess is that this is exactly what Progpen is trying to show here, by reversing the racism so that you would recognize it more easily.
Topic: Match Up
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 1:31:35 AM
Same here.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.