Statistics
Number of Posts: 129
[0.01% of all post / 0.08 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: cloak-and-dagger
Posted: Sunday, April 7, 2019 9:49:22 PM
Cloak, mask, hidden, and dark
Dagger, knife, live, and cold.
Topic: If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
Posted: Sunday, April 7, 2019 9:28:06 PM
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Truth is as a patch, or fade around life. So, it is easy, easy to be confused as a bouquet of flowers, or the seriousness of actions, ...
Topic: I am certain that after the dust of centuries has passed over our cities, we, too, will be remembered not for victories or...
Posted: Monday, April 1, 2019 9:49:06 PM
I am certain that after the dust of centuries has passed over our cities, we, too, will be remembered not for victories or defeats in battles or in politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

Definitely, what is specified in our lives has been policies for the long term. I am a good citizen.

Topic: Like all weak men he laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one's mind.
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 9:32:46 PM
Like all weak men he laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one's mind.

W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)

However, all is possible laid-back
always
time to time
almost always
everlasting

Topic: Death? Why this fuss about death? Use your imagination, try to visualize a world without death!...Death is the essential...
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 7:07:44 PM
Death? Why this fuss about death? Use your imagination, try to visualize a world without death!...Death is the essential condition of life, not an evil.

Charlotte Perkins Gilman (1860-1935)

Death is not a kind of curse. Death is essential to be continuing. However, don't be a volunteer.
Topic: Happiness is reflective, like the light of heaven; and every countenance, bright with smiles, and glowing with innocent...
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 6:07:31 AM
Happiness is reflective, like the light of heaven; and every countenance, bright with smiles, and glowing with innocent enjoyment, is a mirror transmitting to others the ways of a supreme and ever-shining benevolence.

Washington Irving (1783-1859)

In my point of view, it is a kind to an anachronism: Light/Heaven, Bright/smile, Glowing/innocent and Shining/benevolence. Happiness depends on own life. How is it working in own life to maintain our smile? Definitely, happiness may not regard a social behavior.
Topic: When the sword is once drawn, the passions of men observe no bounds of moderation.
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 8:12:59 PM
When the sword is once drawn, the passions of men observe no bounds of moderation.
Alexander Hamilton (1755-1804).

In a deep, my thought says that there is a possible choice before unsheathes the sword.
All have been intensively emotional and good opportunity to agree with anything.

Topic: A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 10:26:45 PM
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Sometimes, we have been a proud owner of our words, in a jiffy we are with a poor proud, we are fickle sometimes.
Topic: Even to observe neutrality you must have a strong government.
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 6:50:20 AM
I think so, that means of the neutrality is equal to a 'choice'. Because depends on your knowledge and skill to argue something. Like that, you have understood but you think so don't be necessary for your own position about that.

"Even to observe neutrality you must have a strong government."
Alexander Hamilton
Topic: entry of appearance
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:45:28 PM
Now, it's right. I had read about some English documents, files and ''entry of appearance'' means a kind of request presented in the court, but it is only a request the judge may or may not approve it.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.