Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: What do you say?
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 6:13:36 PM
I have a question.
I have already asked this to Americans and Canadians and nobody managed to answer me.
In the Southern hemisphere, at least where I live and in most parts of my country, the sun usually sets at 6 pm throughout the year.
We know that in the Northern hemisphere it's not like that.
It varies from season to season.
So when it is winter and the sun sets earlier, do you start saying Good evening earlier as well??
And in the summer, when the sun sets later, when do you stop saying Good afternoon and star saying Good evening and do you keep on saying Good evening until the sun sets even if it's after 9 pm?
Can you help me, please?
Topic: Can I use the word "diffuse"?
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 11:45:54 PM
Yes, you can! Just look at the examples and explanations for diffuse here.
Topic: Why can't I see the Words within words on the website in my computer, just on the ipad??
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2017 10:43:03 AM
Can anybody help me? I can only see the words within words if I open the thefreedictionary on my ipad but not on my computer... What should I do??
Topic: Happy November!
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:06:00 PM
For you, too!!!
Topic: Everybody likes to go their own way—to choose their own time and manner of devotion.
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2015 11:00:23 AM
I totally agree... the problem is when people don't respect the differences between them and want everybody to think and act the same way...
Topic: There's nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things we don't know.
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:53:22 PM
I totally agree
Topic: Very few of us are what we seem.
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2015 1:21:51 AM
I totally agree and that is because we can't control how others see us... so it is not just how we present ourselves to others but it is also how they see us...
Topic: Deaths in France vs deaths in Nigeria
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 10:07:05 PM
Thanks a lot for your replies. You are very sweet, Romany! Yes, I just wanted to know what was going on in other countries. That's all. Humans are being killed for stupid reasons. People have different religions, sexual orientations and we just have to respect each other and respect our differences. That's all!! Have a good week, everyone!
Topic: Martin Luther King Day Today
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 10:02:52 PM
Thanks a lot for the information!
Topic: Deaths in France vs deaths in Nigeria
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 1:33:28 PM
Hello everyone! In my country, the media just talks about the deaths in France and there is almost nothing about the massacre of 2,000 people ion Nigeria. What is going on in your countries? Is the press just talking about France too or they give equal space to talk about both?? Are the deaths in France more important just because they happened in Europe and not in a poor country in Africa/? Let me know what you think!