Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 27
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Using Idioms that End with Prepositions
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 11:35:29 AM
There u go again. TFD, the Best & Biggest Dictionary... OMG, just look at Mr. Adyl's contributions above 🌞🌚🌝
Topic: high-pressure
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 11:26:31 AM
Word of the Day
?
high-pressure
Definition: (adjective) Aggressively and persistently persuasive.
Synonyms: forceful, aggressive, compelling, intensive, persistent, persuasive
Usage: I do not usually buy cologne, but the high-pressure salesman eventually convinced me to give in.
TFD CLAIMS TO BE, THE BEST, THE BIGGEST, THE MOST EXHAUSTIVE, THE MOST ELABORATE... In short, they use all the Superlative Adjectives in Self praise . . . and just the definition/meaning here. Word of the Day
?
high-pressure
Definition: (adjective) Aggressively and persistently persuasive.
Synonyms: forceful, aggressive, compelling, intensive, persistent, persuasive
Usage: I do not usually buy cologne, but the high-pressure salesman eventually convinced me to give in.
TFD CLAIMS TO BE, THE BEST, THE BIGGEST, THE MOST EXHAUSTIVE, THE MOST ELABORATE... In short, they use all the Superlative Adjectives in Self praise . . . and just see the definition/meaning here. Mr. Adyl Mouhei just added 2 more & I'm sure there can be many more...
Topic: Samuel "Uncle Sam" Wilson (1766)
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 11:07:22 AM
Mr. Wilson was supplying rations (Meat, etc.) to US Army. Which means he was SUPPORTING, or helping an Army in that was busy occupying another country. And, not only occupying but also ruthlessly killing, butchering, kidnapping & taking captive & enslaving & exploiting the local indigenous innocent people who had done nothing at all to invoke or provoke this invasion. So, I wonder if he (Mr. Wilson) should be called a terrorist or a Freedom Fighter???
Topic: Samuel "Uncle Sam" Wilson (1766)
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 10:49:19 AM

Wilson was an American Revolutionary War veteran who owned a meatpacking plant in Troy, New York. He provided beef to the army during the War of 1812 in barrels stamped "US," indicating that they were US property. According to some sources, the soldiers began joking that the initials stood for "Uncle Sam," referring to Wilson, unwittingly inventing the character that would soon come into widespread use as a symbol of the US government. What resolution regarding Wilson did Congress pass in 1961? http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary
Topic: Problems with your site...anyone else having issues?
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 8:56:01 AM
TODAY AGAIN NOT ABLE TO OPEN "DAILY GRAMMAR LESSON " AND NO OTHER FEATURES ARE OPENING (except for Mismatch & Matchup [15 Neurons each] & here too 5 neurons for looking up each word definition is not being given) THEREFORE CANNOT EARN ANY POINTS (NEURONS). I & SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE HERE R HAVING LOTS OF PROBLEMS SINCE THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS. PLUS THIS WEBSITE IS ALSO PRETTY COMPLICATED, SO MANY PEOPLE CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW & WHERE TO LODGE/POST THEIR COMPLAINTS, IT TOOK ME QUITE A WHILE TO FIND THIS LOCATION. I'VE EXPRESSED MYSELF AT A FEW OTHER LOCATIONS BEFORE I COULD GET HERE . . . YESTERDAY I FAILED TO COMPLETE MY GOAL, TODAY AGAIN MY TIME IS RUNNING OUT. WE R LOSING POINTS & TIME . . . WILL ADMINISTRATION PLEASE CONCLUDE THEIR NEW YEAR MERRY MAKING & FIX UP THESE PROBLEMS ASAP PLEEEEEEEEEASE😫😡😫
Topic: Defining Predicate Nouns
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 8:37:55 AM
TODAY AGAIN NOT ABLE TO OPEN "DAILY GRAMMAR LESSON " AND NO OTHER FEATURES ARE OPENING (except for Mismatch & Matchup [15 Neurons each] & here too 5 neurons for looking up each word definition is not being given) THEREFORE CANNOT EARN ANY POINTS (NEURONS). I & SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE HERE R HAVING LOTS OF PROBLEMS SINCE THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS. PLUS THIS WEBSITE IS ALSO A COMPLICATED, SO MANY PEOPLE CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW & WHERE TO LODGE/POST THEIR COMPLAINTS.YESTERDAY I FAILED TO COMPLETE MY GOAL, TODAY AGAIN MY TIME IS RUNNING OUT. WILL ADMINISTRATION PLEASE CONCLUDE THEIR NEW YEAR MERRY MAKING & FIX UP THESE PROBLEMS ASAP PLEEEEEEEEEASE😫😡😫
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:31:05 AM
TODAY'S HOLIDAY & IDIOM OF THE DAY ALSO NOT GIVING ANY POINTS (NEURONS) I HAVE LOST THOUSANDS OF POINTS (NEURONS) THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING & NOBODY'S PAYING ANY HEED. TFD CALL ITSELF THE BEST, LARGEST, MOST EXHAUSTIVE, MOST EFFICIENT DICTIONARY SITE IN THE WORLD.I WISH THEY REALLY WERE.😫😡😫.ALMOST 80% OF THEIR CONTENT IS TAKEN FROM THE GREAT RUSSIAN/SOVIET ENCYCLOPEDIA. Come on Admin Please. Aren't the New Year's celebrations over yet in India 🤔🤨😐 Wish you (& all others here on TFD a very Happy & Prosperous New Year.
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:00:37 AM
TODAY'S HOLIDAY & IDIOM OF THE DAY ALSO NOT GIVING ANY POINTS (NEURONS) I HAVE LOST THOUSANDS OF POINTS (NEURONS) THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING & NOBODY'S PAYING ANY HEED. TFD CALL ITSELF THE BEST, LARGEST, MOST EXHAUSTIVE, MOST EFFICIENT DICTIONARY SITE IN THE WORLD.I WISH THEY REALLY WERE.😫😡😫.ALMOST 80% OF THEIR CONTENT IS TAKEN FROM THE GREAT RUSSIAN/SOVIET ENCYCLOPEDIA. Come on Admin Please. Aren't the New Year's celebrations over yet in India 🤔🤨😐
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 6:25:49 AM
YES, YES, YES, SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THESE AND MANY OTHER PROBLEMS. TILL YESTERDAY SOME FEATURES WERE NOT WORKING. TODAY, I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT HARDLY ANY THING IS WORKING EXCEPT FOR 1 or 2 . . . I'M UNABLE TO SCORE ANY POINTS (NEURONS). I'M LOSING. AND ALSO FAILED TO COMPLETE MY GOAL. I HAVE MADE MANY COMPLAINTS AT SEVERAL OTHER PLACES ON THIS WEBSITE & HAVE PLEADED TO THE ADMIN BUT, AS USUAL NOBODY HAS BOTHERED YET. THIS IS VERY IRRITATING FOR REGULAR PLAYERS ON THIS FORUM. ADMIN PLEASE HELP 😫😡😫
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 6:11:19 AM
YES, YES, YES, SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THESE AND MANY OTHER PROBLEMS. TILL YESTERDAY SOME FEATURES WERE NOT WORKING. TODAY, I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT HARDLY ANY THING IS WORKING EXCEPT FOR 1 or 2 . . . I'M UNABLE TO SCORE ANY POINTS (NEURONS). I'M LOSING. AND ALSO FAILED TO COMPLETE MY GOAL. I HAVE MADE MANY COMPLAINTS AT SEVERAL OTHER PLACES ON THIS WEBSITE & HAVE PLEADED TO THE ADMIN BUT, AS USUAL NOBODY HAS BOTHERED YET. THIS IS VERY IRRITATING FOR REGULAR PLAYERS ON THIS FORUM. ADMIN PLEASE HELP 😫😡😫

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.