Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Help with translation needed
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 7:03:51 AM
Thank you very much. Your reply's been very helpful.
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:30:44 AM
Thank you!
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2015 4:50:26 PM
Thank you so much for your reply, it's been really useful for me.
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2015 1:52:22 PM
I've been asked to translate from Spanish to English a short text in a magazine web page. It summarises a Final Year Project in Architecture:
http://www.dtfmagazine.com/blog/pfc_lmp14/
The text to translate is at the bottom of the page. (By the way, if you like the project feel free to "facebook like it".)

As long as I'm no expert in Architecture I'd really appreciate any error correction on my first attempt, :

"Final Year Project – Architecture
To re-people the ruins – Housing development in Bujalcayado, Guadalajara

This Project is aimed at building twenty countryside homes for bird lovers around the ruins of Bujalcayado, an old town near Sigüenza, in the Spanish Guadalajara Province. The only remains from the old town are the houses’ containment walls, a few pieces of some small two stories dwellings and a little XII century church dedicated to Saint Quiteria. The new houses would be placed on a southward hill side, with sights to the Salado River Valley. They would be laid on a concrete layer, on top of the ancient stone containment wall. In contrast with this protected zone, there would be gardens wrapped in small scaled tensile structures, surrounded by short stone fences following the traces of the antique town’s walls.
"

TIA
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2015 10:48:26 AM
I've been asked to translate from Spanish to English a short text in a magazine web page. It summarises a Final Year Project in Architecture:
http://www.dtfmagazine.com/blog/pfc_lmp14/
The text to translate is at the bottom of the page. (By the way, if you like the project feel free to "facebook like it".)

As long as I'm no expert in Architecture I'd really appreciate any error correction on my first attempt, :

"Final Year Project – Architecture
To re-people the ruins – Housing development in Bujalcayado, Guadalajara

This Project is aimed at building twenty countryside homes for bird lovers around the ruins of Bujalcayado, an old town near Sigüenza, in the Spanish Guadalajara Province. The only remains from the old town are the houses’ containment walls, a few pieces of some small two stories dwellings and a little XII century church dedicated to Saint Quiteria. The new houses would be placed on a southward hill side, with sights to the Salado River Valley. They would be laid on a concrete layer, on top of the ancient stone containment wall. In contrast with this protected zone, there would be gardens wrapped in small scaled tensile structures, surrounded by short stone fences following the traces of the antique town’s walls.
"

TIA

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.