Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,277
[0.24% of all post / 1.29 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: luster
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2019 12:31:12 AM
I spell it lustre, so when I see it written as luster, I think of someone who lusts. Whistle

When you make an assumption, you make an ass of u & umption! - NeuroticHellFem
Topic: New Words Within Words 100% Club badge
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 11:18:17 AM
C185445 wrote:
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I'm happy to say I managed to get the gold badge after months focusing on this game. I'm the 128th person who got it! Now it's time to play or read the other features again, time to have my life lol

For those still trying, keep it up!

ps. Too bad the site malfunctioning is ruining my feat. My bookmarks aren't loading...

There are a lot of glitches on this site, so, well done, C185445!
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Topic: Founding of the People's Army of North Korea
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:34:20 AM
ANZAC Day!
Lest we forget: on 25 April 1915, the ANZACs landed in Gallipoli.

Topic: Alfred Mosher Butts (1899)
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 8:28:45 PM
I own a set, too: I love Scrabble!

I've got a tip - store all the letter tiles in an opaque zip-up pencil case or makeup purse. It keeps them all together, so you're less likely to lose tiles. It also saves time: you don't have to lay the tiles out face down before each game. Instead, after each player's turn, the player reaches into the letter bag to draw out the required number of tiles. Hold the bag up high so nobody can see the letters inside. Keep the bag zipped between turns & give it a shake before opening for a new player's turn.

Topic: We must eat to live and live to eat.
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:47:02 PM
I've never heard this version of the saying. I've only heard "eat to live, NOT live to eat".

Topic: The Consolation of Philosophy
Posted: Saturday, April 6, 2019 1:02:10 PM
At the mention of Boethius, all I could think of was Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole! (GREAT book!)

Topic: Philip Henry Gosse (1810)
Posted: Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:58:58 PM
Gosse's Omphalos argument sounds like what the Slartibartfast character did in Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books.

Topic: US Planes Embark on First Successful Aerial Circumnavigation Attempt (1924)
Posted: Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:51:17 PM

Sir Charles Kingsford Smith, MC , AFC (1897–1935).

I don't remember learning about the US crossing at school, but every Aussie knows "Smithy". He used to be on our twenty dollar note, back when we had paper currency.

Topic: Words Within Words - Found Words Disappear From List
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 5:47:05 AM
When I play Words Within Words, words that I've made disappear from my found words list. Sometimes I have to type the same word over & over. First, the word shows in my found words list, then it disappears. Sometimes it's the last word I made, sometimes it's a word I made ten words back.

I originally reported this problem years ago. The problem continues & it's annoying that Admin continues to ignore this issue.

The problem is cyclical, ie usually, the first game I play is all right; but if I play for an extended period of time, words start to disappear. If I do something else for half an hour then come back, I can play WWW for a while without issue, but the glitch always returns.

I've tried different browsers in the past. Currently, I'm using Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (32-bit).

Please help!

Topic: Edgar Allan Poe (1809)
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 3:44:38 AM
I'm a fan of his work. I especially love "The Tell-Tale Heart" & I've memorised "The Raven."

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.