Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 75
[0.01% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Show Me
Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2015 9:42:37 AM
frosty rime wrote:
Darkmoon, please don't be evasive and answer straight forward.
My request is not answered so your answer is annulled.

Would it possible you can do it again unless someone else does it.

Sorry~~~~~~

Whistle

Hello, Frosty. Re my follow up to Darkmoon's removed post. Was I guilty by association? It just seems a little churlish to remove my own post too.
I understand there are rules to the game, but it is just that, a game.

Oh, what fresh horror is this, Isn't it bad enough I lay the occasional egg?
Topic: Show Me
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 11:31:40 AM
@ anton exobio & frost rime.

Thank-you very much for your help. Do please excuse my late reply, I was sure I was following this thread but I guess I was mistaken.

Show me..... the joy of life

Topic: Missing British Spacecraft Found on Mars
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:44:22 PM
Fredric-frank Myers wrote:
More space junk; what do you say to understanding our own planet first, a. the oceans & b. global warming, you English twits....

Being half English, I take offence at this you sanctimonious dick.

Topic: Missing British Spacecraft Found on Mars
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 5:05:54 AM
Wanderer wrote:
This article says that Beagle 2 was supposed to land on the 25th of December, but became unable to transmit probably die to a hard landing. What it doesn't explain is why it went silent on the 19th. Maybe that was expected, but if not expected, did something else happen before the landing?

The transmissions prior to the 19th came from the Mars Orbiter itself, the Beagle 2 (lander) wasn't designed to transmit it's own data until after landing on the 25th, the lander was supposed to open itself up and begin transmitting once the air bags had deflated after touchdown.

Topic: Purse
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 4:17:34 PM
Allana wrote:
The word 'purse' can have another meaning, fortunately an obvious one from it's context.

To purse your lips is to make a disapproving shape of the mouth., nothing to do with purses, handbags, wallets or coin-purses.

I don't know what dictionary you might find it in if TFD has missed it, but I grew up with it.

Don't we purse our lips to kiss?, I think it is something close to pucker/ing.

Topic: New Words Within Words 100% Club badge
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 10:08:18 AM
MelissaMe wrote:
Ah, yes, Phil Redbud, that's Me, MelissaMe, that is. I am feeling a bit nebulous, perhaps that is why my name wasn't showing up on your screen! Anxious Thank you, NeuroticHellFem for looking me up! It almost makes me feel real, to see someone talking about me. Applause

P. S. Nice avatar, Phil. Some day the whole world will learn to be civilized.

P. P. S. I don't see me ever getting further than the bronze 100% words within words badge. I don't have the patience with such esoteric and useless words, not to mention the foolish proliferation of abbreviations needed to fill out the lists. I'm tired of silly non words in the lists! Pecs is not a word, it is an abbreviated version of pectoral, as unto muscles! Specs are either spectacles or specifications, but is NOT a word!

Now I have a gold WWW badge, I only use the game to top up my points. I'm too tidy to leave them odd. Think

Hi Melissa, I couldn't agree more on the non words, ha, my Grammarly is asking if I mean 'nonwords' or 'non-words'?, I think I need a little rest, I don't got a clue anymore Dancing

Topic: The British Museum Opens
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:37:32 PM
Fredric-frank Myers wrote:
Though I do enjoy museums at time I question many of their acquisition's, as I believe many were stolen from their country of origin. Of course after I have seen the destruction done to many historical items by the radical Muslim couture, is it that fare removed from when a attorney general of the united states had the breasts covered up on a statue near where he was speaking; he of course was one of those sic born again Christians, or so I've been told.

In any case, there is a good 'case' to be made for the museums doing an excellent job of preservation......

There is an interesting article on the issue of museum artifacts, or in this instance, the case against repatriation here It is quite long being just short of 3500 words, but there is an audio version there for radio lovers

Topic: Edward Teller
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:33:48 AM
'known colloquially as "the father of the hydrogen bomb", even though he claimed he did not care for the title.'

I am sure Robert Maxwell didn't like to be known as a 'fat thieving bastard' but we are defined by our actions.

Maybe we could define such people by their diet - you are what you eat - but then, I have yet to see arsehole on any menu Whistle

Topic: Edward Teller
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:31:52 AM
'known colloquially as "the father of the hydrogen bomb", even though he claimed he did not care for the title.'

I am sure Robert Maxwell didn't like to be known as a 'fat, thieving bastard' but we are defined by our actions.

Maybe we could define such people by their diet - you are what you eat etc - but then, I have yet to see arsehole on any menu Whistle

Topic: New Words Within Words 100% Club badge
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:48:57 AM
NFH
Quote:
you're a bloody legend!

Now you sound like an Aussie,Applause I think I am a little more of a leg end than legend of late Brick wall

I am really pleased you are sorted now, as it happens you have helped me too, I was sure I was able to do this without Nimbus or the like, but I didn't want to pester anyone at home and after I came across Nimbus I stopped looking. I'll check out the PrtSc way now, I am sure I used to use the keyboard for screenys.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.