Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 350
[0.04% of all post / 0.28 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Big BangTheory
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 7:31:46 PM
Does anyone have a theory about what caused the big bang? I don't mean a description of what happened. Almost everyone can describe an explosion. Chemicals interact at an accelerated rate causing heat and poof. Why do the chemicals interact like that? We get another description of molecules and electrons etc. It must take a lot faith to believe that descriptions of phenomena are answers to the formation of life. However, I think even atheists and agnostics do live their lives as thought there was a God. They love, they hate and live as though their lives had meaning and satisfaction. So what. It is just chemical impulses causing this. If the concepts of good and evil or love and hate are merely chemical impulses what difference does it make which one and individual does. We know scientific facts have no moral basis. Science does not make moral judgements. Science describes a moral belief as a chemical electrical impulse. It does not choose one chemical electrical impulse over another. Some say it is because of the survival instinct(another chemical electrical impulse). Why would a chemical electrical impulse care if it survives. God. No God. It takes a lot of faith either way one views it. But, is living life by one view but believing another view hypocritical(yet another chemical electrical impulse concept)?
Topic: Why got black spots on the bananas?
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2016 2:32:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETXy4dLYo7QWhistle
Topic: It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:46:51 PM
This explains why Creationists love Atheists(maybe vice versa too). I know. It was a cheap shot. Saw the opening so I fired. Couldn't help myself. The probability is that eventually my atheist friends will forgive me. It was wrong. Mea culpa.
Topic: Phenomenon of time
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 8:32:49 PM
Epi, thanks for introducing me to The Bangles. I am a first time listener. Good stuff.
Topic: Graphene
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 8:24:18 PM
Tensile strength is the limiting factor even with graphene but some day who knows.
Topic: Graphene
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 6:58:04 PM
This material has the potential to revolutionize armor, computers and all electric devices. You name it.

The discovery of graphene in 2004 by Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov, two Russian-born scientists at the University of Manchester, earned the pair the Nobel Prize for Physics and knighthoods.

Graphene
Light Bulb
Topic: Phenomenon of time
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 6:21:51 PM
Does God exist in phenomenon of time as man does or does He exist outside of time. I believe He created time. If He did not create time, as some believe, then time, I guess, just eventually happened from nothing. Or did time already exist when there was nothing? In either case, what is the purpose of time?
Topic: DOES GOD EXISTS
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:43:54 PM
Interesting read: Atheism
We have surveyed five ways in which the New Atheists attempt to exempt themselves from the demands of evidentialism while criticizing religious belief for failing to satisfy those demands, and we have seen that they all fail. Therefore, on matters concerning evidence and justification, the New Atheists have no good reason to treat their atheism differently from how they treat belief in the divine.
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 6:21:52 PM
I have been out of touch for a couple of days. There is a lot to digest since my last post.
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 6:05:12 PM
Hi tunaafi, if it is not to much trouble can you put in one syllable words, just for me, what he did say. I will pay close attention. Thank you for your patience.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.