Interests: interests-free
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 848
[0.09% of all post / 0.44 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: What is an affidavit?
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:41:52 PM
I am sorry. I have not intended to cause any harm. I agree, my sense of humour has become tedious.
Sorry again, and thank you all for lessons given me up to now.
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:18:50 PM
IMcRout wrote:
Your puns are even worse than mine, Robert. Think

The word ''affidavit'' is explained in this dictionary. I think, its explanation is sufficient for someone who is not a lawyer, and relays on assistance of a jurist. For someone, who would have composed his/her question in different way, I could give suitable links leading to scholarly article, treating this problem in more elaborate way.
A man before me in this treat has given suitable links leading to basic explanations.

As to your puns, they are mostly related to the first page, ready on opening, still? Or not yet?

It wasn't my intention to cause any harm. If you think so, then sorry. Every one who felt himself/herself offended.
Topic: A Thai Man Faces Nearly 40 Years in Jail for Insulting the King's Dog
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:21:39 AM
A new meaning of ''hot dog''?
Topic: IKEA this is comfortable
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:45:47 AM
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:58:07 AM
I think, it may be a misspelling. Perhaps, it has something to do with a fee for David. Drool
Topic: Presedentural canidates
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 3:43:37 AM
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM wrote:
'Being tough on __________' (fill blank space with the name of a country) is a classical section of every American Presidential debate. Not to be taken seriously. A bully usually picks on smaller countries: Libya, Syria, not Russia or China directly

Which country are you calling ''bully''? Or, are you suggesting that Russia and China cannot reach an agreement with US without resorting to military conflict?
Topic: ruffian
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:42:38 PM
Gary98 wrote:
Mehrdad77 wrote:
Soccer fans have a reputation for being ruffians. Sure, some are sensitive poetry-reading types, but the ones that get the most attention scream obscenities, break things, and fight each other. Ruffian comes from a Germanic word that literally translates as “scabbiness,” and perhaps ruffians are covered in scabs from all the fights they start. Sometimes a ruffian is a person involved in crime, however, the word is always used to describe someone who’s a cruel, violent jerk.

Some of them surely are. Less than 0.5%? Call them whatever bad names, and it probably fits fine.

I think, Gary98, that your estimate is perhaps closer to the statistical error. But generally, you are right.
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 11:38:40 AM
TheParser wrote:
Actually, a more accurate word is savage.

''Only You'' is cruel in itself. Drool
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:49:12 AM
Punk is not dead.
Topic: Wassily Kandinsky (1866)
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:42:06 AM
His Blue Rider Period was short. Did he like Corporate Governance? Drool

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.