Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 347
[0.04% of all post / 0.20 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: mitter
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 11:47:23 AM
thar wrote:
I assumed that was the plaint. You have metres, millimetres, centimetres, bars, millibars,kilobars, grams, milligrams, kilograms, - and kilometres. But you also have kilommitters, but not kilobers or kilogrums. Whistle

You got my gripe. "ridiculosity" that's a cracker.

I find it hard to believe that an American actually believes that all these metres grow longer and longer until they reach 999 and then go into incubation sprout wings and legs and come out as a thousand beautiful mitters.
Topic: double consonant game.
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 12:32:59 AM
account
Topic: mitter
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 12:07:42 AM
What is a mitter? I have heard it spoken about in several English news, science and general TV and radio broadcasts. It is always used along with the prefix kilo, but doesn't seem to be used alone or in any other context.
Topic: Idiom of the day music
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:08:52 PM
Ok thanks, hopefully it will pop up soon because I really like it.
Topic: Bad Advertisements
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:04:29 PM
I don't find any of the adverts abusive or obtrusive, maybe that's just because I don't look at them.
Topic: Idiom of the day music
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:47:47 AM
I notice that the background music for idiom of the day now changes daily. I had got used to the guitar solo that was originally used and quite miss it. Where can I find the tune to save to my pc?
Topic: The Free Dictionary will not work properly with ad-blockers
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 4:26:50 PM
CityDave wrote:
Got this message for the first time today, previously I've had "problem loading data" pop up but no message.

I've got the message on edge, firefox and chrome on windows 10 and explorer and chrome on windows 7. Can I have badge please?

It would seem this problem started a while ago for some users, but seems to be affecting most users now.

Thank you very much for sorting the problem out, I would still like a badge though.
Topic: Brain level
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 4:18:51 PM
How is it possible to achieve a brain level score of 200%?

When a percentage has a maximum of 100?
Topic: The Free Dictionary will not work properly with ad-blockers
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:01:03 AM
Got this message for the first time today, previously I've had "problem loading data" pop up but no message.

I've got the message on edge, firefox and chrome on windows 10 and explorer and chrome on windows 7. Can I have badge please?

It would seem this problem started a while ago for some users, but seems to be affecting most users now.
Topic: MY FIANCE 'S BOSS CALL HER DARLING, IS IT NORMAL IN AUSTRALIA?
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:59:56 PM
Not being from Australia and with my limited knowledge of grammar, I would just say gudday cobber, until I got a punch on the nose.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.