Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 160
[0.02% of all post / 0.12 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Wordhub down for second day in the row
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:19:07 AM
TFD in another topic (http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst173951_What-about-wordhub-.aspx) says that it is a temporary domain issue and will be resolved soon. Sorry not sure how to put in the link to the topic.

War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left.
Topic: What about wordhub?
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:13:24 AM
Thanks TFD. Good to know we still have wordhub to look forward to.

Topic: What about wordhub?
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:13:26 AM
Missing Wordhub too. Hope its a temporary glitch and nothing big. Does any one know when its going to be back? Its my favorite short duration break activity.

Topic: Did you bite by bee?
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 7:22:24 AM
thar wrote:
Just to explain why people changed your sentence from 'bite' to 'sting'.

Bees don't bite you. Biting means teeth, (a dog, a snake) or pincers ( an ant) or other mouth parts ( a mosquito, other insects). But in each case, you are bitten by the mouth, at the head end of the animal.

Bees sting you. They use the back end of the animal - their tail. So, a bee stings you, a scorpion stings you.

It won't bite you. It only has a tongue - no teeth. If you were sweet enough it could lick you!

The dangerous part is the back end!

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Topic: What is a PUN?
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 7:55:41 AM
Applause Applause Applause

Good one

Topic: When he applied his mind to a problem, it became at once an enthralling arena, in which there went whirling a chariot-race of...
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 3:21:52 PM
Thanks cetoo for the solution. I copied the link and pasted in the browser. Got the page to open. I did not get the pop-up saying I have completed the challenge but when I visited my profile page it says that today's goal is completed. Dancing

Good thinking and thanks for sharing cetoo Applause Applause Applause Applause

Topic: South Korea Constitution Day
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2016 2:43:35 AM
South Korea constitution day is July 17 as is mentioned in the article itself. So how come it is showing as Today's Holiday on June 17. Please check.

Topic: Hey!
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:30:41 AM
I am sure there is a formula for achieving a 'spoon' but like Chandrasekhar says it is not clear nor published anywhere. From my experience, I found that if you achieve brain activity level close to 200% and continue earning neurons, you usually get one 'spoon'. Also sometime back, I saw in a forum that 'spoons' are given to only one person in a particular time slot, that is, one who achieves the criteria first in that slot. Cant remember what the time slot was or find the thread. I generally try to keep my brain function at 200 and keep playing www and have achieved a 'spoon'. But sometimes no matter what you do, the 'spoon' just wont appear.

Also have noticed that playing Wordhub, even on the TFD homepage doesn't make the 'spoon' appear. Not sure if that is the case or just my luck.

Topic: Hey!
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 4:55:16 PM
Check out this link

http://secure.thefreedictionary.com/FeedChildProgram.aspx

for the details about "feed your brain, feed a hungry child"

Basically the more you use TFD, the more neurons you get and the better chances you have of earning a meal. Every meal you earn is donated to a hungry child.

Topic: Problem with crediting goal achived
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 4:37:35 PM
Its working now. It was a browser problem. Reinstalled the browser, working now. Thanks for your reply.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.