User Name: Zippy
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 38
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: He used statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts; for support rather than illumination.
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:14:27 PM
Barry Obumbles comes to mind.
Topic: Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 8:27:54 AM
Chevegas wrote:
It seems that Weinberg was building upon Plato's idea:

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

That was the dumbest anti-religion quote i have ever heard.
Topic: Richard Nixon Resigns as US President (1974)
Posted: Saturday, August 9, 2014 12:49:18 PM
Nixon was a saint compared to Barry Obumbles.
Topic: James Baldwin (1924)
Posted: Saturday, August 2, 2014 7:38:39 PM
Now THAT is a schnoz!
Topic: Jimmy Hoffa Disappears from a Detroit Parking Lot (1975)
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:14:47 PM
Cement shoes are hard to swim with.
Topic: Seismology
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:11:17 PM
monamagda wrote:
L'Aquila quake: Italy scientists guilty of manslaughter

Six Italian scientists and an ex-government official have been sentenced to six years in prison over the 2009 deadly earthquake in L'Aquila.

A regional court found them guilty of multiple manslaughter.

Prosecutors said the defendants gave a falsely reassuring statement before the quake, while the defence maintained there was no way to predict major quakes.

The 6.3 magnitude quake devastated the city and killed 309 people.

Many smaller tremors had rattled the area in the months before the quake that destroyed much of the historic centre.

It took Judge Marco Billi slightly more than four hours to reach the verdict in the trial, which had begun in September 2011.

Lawyers have said that they will appeal against the sentence. As convictions are not definitive until after at least one level of appeal in Italy, it is unlikely any of the defendants will immediately face prison.

'Hasty sentence'
The judge also ordered the defendants to pay court costs and damages.

Reacting to the verdict against him, Bernardo De Bernardinis said: "I believe myself to be innocent before God and men."

"My life from tomorrow will change," the former vice-president of the Civil Protection Agency's technical department said, according to La Repubblica.

"But, if I am judged by all stages of the judicial process to be guilty, I will accept my responsibility."

Another, Enzo Boschi, described himself as "dejected" and "desperate" after the verdict was read.

"I thought I would have been acquitted. I still don't understand what I was convicted of."

One of the lawyers for the defence, Marcello Petrelli, described the sentences as "hasty" and "incomprehensible"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-20025626

They are Italians, I'm not surprised at all.
Topic: The very existence of government at all, infers inequality. The citizen who is preferred to office becomes the superior to...
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:12:12 PM
Dude was an idiot.
Topic: Deadly Plane Crash in Taiwan
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:48:19 AM
Should have took the bus. Dancing
Topic: Capitalist production, therefore, develops technology, and the combining together of various processes into a social whole,...
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:22:52 PM
Marx was an idiot who went through life sponging off others. Democrats are the same.
Topic: Smoker's Widow Awarded $23.6 Billion
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:18:20 PM
Absurdicuss wrote:

I cut myself while slicing tomatoes, with a knife that came with no warnings or instructions, so I'm suing the cutlery manufacturer for their negligence.

I drove my car into a tree, I'm suing Ford. I tripped over my shoe laces, I'm suing Nike. I got brain freeze eating ice cream. I'm suing Breyers.
I slammed my finger in the door, so I'm participating in a class action lawsuit against door manufacturers.

My hearing has been damaged by power tool noise, I'm suing Black & Decker.

I sprained my ankle on a crack in the sidewalk, I'm suing the town.

Love it!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.