[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Let's make it up
Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 9:57:55 AM
Thank you!
Topic: Let's make it up
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2017 7:05:23 AM

Hello, everyone,

My question is mosty for American English speakers. If I say to an American "Let's make it up, please" will they understand me as "let's become friends again after a disagreement/argument/fight"? Or could there be any misinterpretations? I heard that in British English they use it a lot like "let's kiss and make up please" but I'm not sure about American English. And what would be the most natural way to put it (let's stop our fight) in American English?

Thanks.
Topic: self-confident - good or bad quality?
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 7:25:56 AM
Hello,
I have a question about the word "self-confident". Would you like to talk to a self-confident person? Is it a positive quality like "confident" or "self-assured" or a not so appealing one like "full of oneself" and "self-important"?
Topic: Perfect Continuous or just Simple in this case?
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 7:16:52 AM
Hello, everybody,

I just wonder which would be correct in the following sentence:

"She switched on the radio. The voice on the radio said, '... and the lucky number is...' she ran back to her bedroom. For two months, every week she played or had been playing Lotto without telling anyone. and the voice on the radio said ten."

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.